Odd Body Type?

Hi! So I just started here and wanted to know your opinions:

I'm 5'4 and weigh 130 lbs. My measurements are bust: 32, waist: 25, and hips: 35. My legs are really large compared to my torso, so I feel oddly disproportionate. I know I'm in an average weight range, but I still feel that my body can be improved. I also have been doing long distance running (on and off) for three years, so it's not like I've not been exercising.

Do you think this is normal or is my body still unhealthy?

Replies

• HelensBeads
    HelensBeads Posts: 79 Member
    I'm 5'4 and weigh 120 lbs. My measurements are bust: 32, waist: 28, and hips: 35. My waist is higher as it's the layer of excess skin and fat I've still got left over from losing weight. My legs are fairly well rounded for the same reason as yours, running builds muscle, they're well rounded but there's not too much fat on the thighs. So no, I don't think you've got a strange body shape but I'll swap my waist for yours if you want!
  • hllday
    hllday Posts: 11 Member
    Sounds pretty normal to me!
    I don't think you need to worry - one of my boyfriend's friends is crazy about that type (:

I basically look like Brienne from Game of Thrones; tall and broad with not much up top.
    Really long skinny legs and a chunky torso.
    I'm hoping that losing a bit of weight and carrying on with my running program will even things out a little bit :p x
  • SianLouise90
    SianLouise90 Posts: 3 Member
    You both sound like a healthy weight and hold a good fitness lifestyle. I would just keep healthy and love your bodies the way they are x