Somehow lost my motivation

Options
I worked so hard to lose almost 40 lbs only to have gained 10 back :(

I'm trying to catch it early and I'm wondering how I went from such an active lifestyle to a non-active one all over again. For some reason it's really hard for me to break out of this and get moving again. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Replies

• Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It'll be down the back of the sofa :-)

Sometimes we just need a short break or to go try something slightly different (change your exercise routine or go away on holiday).

You'll get it back I'm sure - Good luck
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I started at 210 and got down to 170 and felt great. I was hitting the gym hard every day, eatting right, and I was comfortable with my lifestyle changes. Then all of a sudden I got complacent and I havent lost a thing since because I reverted back to my old eatting ways, and stopped going to the gym. I try every weekend to get back into it but by Monday I am so unmotivated. I have been trying to get that motivation back ever since. Luckily my weight fluctuates between 170-175 so I havent gained back too much but I know I am probably loosing definition
  • nurselucyp83
    Options
    That happened to me! Am slowly getting my motivation back :-)
  • beckermsb1
    Options
    I need my motivation back! These past 2 weeks I've slacked off and falling back into the old eating habits. I am trying to figure out why - and the main thing I think that has "hit" me - is that 2 weeks ago I went to our pool in the apt complex to try and start getting some exercise going - I love swimming. Here's the issue - I have some physical challenges and getting in the pool took a bit - but getting out - I had MAJOR challenges and it scared me b/c I was the only one there and wasn't quite sure if I was going to get out. Really really frustrating as I thought this would be my "exercise" dream...walk across the street - jump in the pool and do water aerobics. Doesn't look like that is going to happen. I need to turn this around NOW -a s I do not want to put back on the 38 pds I have lost. I wish I could ask the management to put in a 2nd ladder in the pool but I don't think they would do that - why should they? Sigh.