"Just Dance 2" 30 day challenge!

DevonLigotti
DevonLigotti Posts: 56 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok, lets try this people! <3 Just Dance 2 came out for the Nintendo Wii today and already its kicking my butt!!! Its a lot harder then the first one, but that only means one thing,more calories to burn baby ;)!

Ive been "Just Dancing" for about 2 months now and I've lost at least 10 pounds from it! It works, its great cardio and its fun!! To make the most of it, i also run in place during song changes and squeeze my butt and stomach as dance moves allow lol Be creative and really throw yourself around to burn that fat! :P!!

Terms:
-Atleast 30 minutes of play per day
-Atleast 6 days a week
-Check in on Mondays

Participants so far:

DevonLIgotti
BrunetteWife
JennS19 (Just Dance 1)
amorgenroth

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    I plan to buy it soon, but I'm in!!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    What is Just Dance? is that a video you watch? or something for the wii?
  • RushinBruisette
    What is Just Dance? is that a video you watch? or something for the wii?

It's a game for the Wii :) Search you tube and you'll find lots of videos :)
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    I don't have the money to buy the Just Dance 2 but can I join the challange with just the regular Just Dance game? It sounds like fun
  • DevonLigotti
    I don't have the money to buy the Just Dance 2 but can I join the challange with just the regular Just Dance game? It sounds like fun
    Sure! Welcome aboard!!! :D
  • I'm waiting to get mine in the mail today :D should be arriving anytime now. I'd like to join this...it sounds fun!
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    It doesn't come out here until 15th and Ive got it on pre order so once it arrives I'm in never played number 1 because only found about it few weeks ago and by then I thought might as well get number 2 hope its not too hard lol
  • DevonLigotti
    It doesn't come out here until 15th and Ive got it on pre order so once it arrives I'm in never played number 1 because only found about it few weeks ago and by then I thought might as well get number 2 hope its not too hard lol

Ive found already that the second is harder, and requires better dancing lol but heres the thing, if you cant do the move, just do the best you can and keep pushing yourself, as long as your bodies in motion, the pounds will fall off!! <3

I tried "Wake me up before you go-go" and my dance looked NOTHING like the Wii guy lol i was totally uncoordinated!
  • This is a little off topic but I was wondering how you got the H20 pumpkin in your signature... I'd like to put an image in mine.
  • RushinBruisette
    Well I went out and bought JD2, and now my darn cables are messed up b/c I have no picture but sound :/ So, I plan on starting tomorrow once I have the time to adjust it all.
  • DevonLigotti
    I did an hour yesterday and I was SWEATING,OMG...
    More to do today, thank goodness its so fun or it would be pure pain!!! lol
  • DevonLigotti
    Another hour yesterday...anyone have a favorite song yet??
  • Finally got the game in the mail today(as I was told) but I'm out of town and can't try it until tomorrow :/ Really excited to try it though! What do you guys think of it so far? Is it better than JD1?
  • DevonLigotti
    I think i like it better just because it has more songs and it is even more of a workout! :)
  • RushinBruisette
    With the exception of today (site seeing in St Louis ALL day), I've done at least 30min each day so far. I really like the 2nd one much better than the first. Not sure the point of the 'sweat mode' since that can't be the calorie count burned as it is no where near that number for EVERYONE. Dance/Song wise, I'm really liking this so far, I seem to do them everytime I play:
    It's Raining Men
    Girlfriend
    Proud Mary
    Rockafeller Skank
    Move Your Feet
    and for some weird reason Rasputin ( I think it's the crazy sweat I drip after this one!)

I'll have to check mine tomorrow, but what's everyone's highest score so far and on which song?
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Can I join you guys? We just picked this game up for a party this weekend, but I saw the "Just Sweat" portion on thought maybe I'd be more likely to use this as exercise (at least this week while getting ready for the party! LOL). I'll try it out with my HRM and see how many calories I'm actually burning.
  • RushinBruisette
    So I looked at all of my scores so far and my top 3 as of this morning are
    Sway with Me 10437
    Girlfriend 9913
    Move Your Feet 9743

Have a fantastic day all!
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Ooh I want this game! Even though I find dancing hideously embarrassing, it looks like so much fun! I'll have to wait and see if i've got £22 spare :)
  • pellenga
    pellenga Posts: 66 Member
    When are you starting this? I'll have to go buy it...but I'm in too!! =)
  • Just picked up the game yesterday. Count me in!
This discussion has been closed.