9 weeks behind me... a new healthy life

kartel99
kartel99 Posts: 14 Member
edited September 22 in Success Stories
Well, today I finally say good bye to the 180s! I could have never imagined that I would reach into the 170s, weighing in at 179 this morning! It has been a long time since I started, 9 weeks, and I have lost 26 pounds. This is not a 'fad' diet nor am I taking weight loss pills - just eating better!

When I started this 'journey', I thought it was just something that I will do for a week or two and then give up and press on with my old ways of eating whatever, whenever, and maintaining my current health... but it is funny how results can be a great motivator. I haven’t even had to give up my favorite foods, just limiting them.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn’t thank my wife for her impact on my decision. Just watching her change before my eyes is reward enough for all the hard work we are putting in making this healthy change together. She is amazing and simply beautiful. There could be no greater motivator for me than having her lead by example.

Replies

• goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Wow, 26lbs in 9 weeks is great, and slightly putting me to shame - I'm definitely adding you to my motivation list!

Congratulations!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss and for starting a healthier journey. The words about your wife and her impact in your motivation and results are inspiring and awesome.
    I wish both of you health and happiness for ever..
  • lorifrost1
    lorifrost1 Posts: 21 Member
    That is so wonderful!! Congrats to you and your wife. I'm sure you will have many years of happiness ahead with such a great relationship!! Way to go motivating one another and being so supportive and determined.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!