3 day diet

Options
Has anyone tried the 3 day diet? Some people I work with are trying it and apparently the person they heard about it from has lost 40lbs and kept it off for several months. Im just wondering if anyone here has tried it and can recommend doing it or not. No one at work has lost any weight yet or been doing the diet long enough to be a reliable source of information.

Thanks!

Replies

• lordofultima
    Options
    3 day diet? the only way you can keep off weight is to eat good every day, for the rest of your life.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Sounds fishy and schemey that anyone could lose 40lbs in 3 days...
  • lordofultima
    Options
    *double post*
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    40 lbs in 3 day???? What am I missing here? Was a chain saw involved in this process?
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    If it sounds to good to be true it is. This sounds to good. You should not lose more than 1 or 2 pounds a week. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you..
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    I wouldnt trust it- Even on the Biggest loser when they first started it took 2 weeks of major intense training and then only the largest of the guys lost near that
  • Szycuez
    Szycuez Posts: 28
    Options
    According to Web MD

"The 3 day diet IS a fad diet and followers of the 3 Day Diet are promised up to a 10 pound weight loss in three days, although realistically, most of that weight is likely due to fluid loss and not the more desirable fat loss. To achieve the proposed loss, exercise is not mentioned in the plan."
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I believe I know the diet your talking about....it wasn't 40 lbs in 3 days lost, it was probably AROUND 10 lbs and they repeated the "diet" several times....I did this diet when I was in high school and it does work, but my results obviously didn't last.

basically you eat certain things at certain meals (including ice cream for supper) and your supposed to lose around 10 lbs in those 3 days...the other four days in the week, you eat what you want, then you start over again.
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    According to what I find, you eat less than 1,000 calories for three days, then you eat "normal" for four days to keep the metabolism high. Maybe if normal was 2,000 you would lose some weight in a week. Is this healthy living?

I would rather eat right every day, check my calories in to calories out, get to the right weight, then make sure those numbers even out. That sounds a lot more reasonable than following an exact 1,000 calorie diet for 3 days, then anything for 4 days, until weight is lost without figuring out what calories keep you normal.

It is called a fad, I would leave it at that.
  • dindivt
    dindivt Posts: 21
    Options
    Not 40lbs a week, sorry. Supposedly 10lbs a week in some cases the person who lost the 40 did so over a couple months, 3 days of the diet 4 of eating normally so on and so on. Clearly its a fad just wondered if anyone had tried it.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Do you really believe that someone lost 40 lbs in three days? Come on. Maybe with some lyposuction, but I don't think it's possible any other way
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    It sounds like a rotation diet which does work even though it's not substitution for switching to a healthier diet. With the rotation diet, you calories are limited to different amounts for a certain number of days. If you do what you are saying, diet for three, pig for three you might actually gain weight if you're not careful.

Just saying.