Busy Life... what to do?

Options
Ok, as most of us on here I battle with having a busy lifestyle... if I eat out I get WAY to many calories, and it seems like my selections I have been making at home honestly aren't any better.... what are some good starter suggestions that I can do to help keep my calories and general nutrition in check so that I can begin to lose weight?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    plan your meals ahead of time, even cook some more on the weekend and freeze meals so you wont have to eat out.
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If you eat out, split your plate in half. Eat one half while out, save the other half for another meal. If it helps, ask the waiter to package up half your meal before you even get your meal.
  • dmcbeauty
    Options
    When you eat out ask if they offer half or lunch size portions. If not, share a meal.
    Have quick easy stuff available at home. Fruit, veggies, 100 calorie bread thins.
  • Katy213
    Katy213 Posts: 45
    Options
    You will find that just having to input everything on here will really keep you focussed .... I eat out a lot but I try to "earn" the calories with exercise. Try to fill up on lots of fruit & veggies but once you have been inputting on here a while you will soon learn what are good choices and what are not so good! Good luck :-)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Watch your portions, whether eating out or at home. Load up on fruits, veggies, and healthy snacks (almonds are fabulous). Watch your sodium, which most heavily processed foods have in abundance. Try to make things fresh when possible and, if you can only get cooking done on the weekends, dole out servings into tupperware and put in the fridge and freezer to grab in a hurry throughout the week.
    Track EVERYTHING (including what you taste-test while cooking), drink tons of water, and use your tools - this site is full of fabulous advice and everyone here is supportive and willing to help. :)
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    Planning ahead is what helps me the most. I never used to plan my meals at all, just flew by the seat of my pants (which kept getting bigger and bigger!) and ate whatever, whenever. Planning ahead keeps the suprises out of the equation. I try every evening to plan the next day's meal and go ahead and log it. This prior logging gives me something to be accountable to.

Drinking water helps in so many ways. Your skin will look better and you will feel better.

I also keep good snacks on hand all the time. Baked crackers or veggies with hummus, fresh fruit, laughing cow cheeses, whole natural almonds, nature's own 35 calorie bread... those are a few of my faves lately.

Look at your food diary over the course of a week and just ask yourself, "what can I do next time to improve on this?" There are all kinds of ways to tweak your favorite recipes and make subs for your favorite snacks.