Need some advice

Options
I changed the settings of my food diary today--added fiber, calcium and cholestrol (sp). All 3 are very low. I assumed that each of these would be normal, but found out otherwise....was a slight shock to discover.
What foods can I add to my diet that will help raise my #'s?

help! :-)

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i take a woman's one a day vitamin to boos my calcium...i don't worry about cholestrol (sp) and fiber is just more whole grains...try bagels for a snack...or those rabbit pellets (bran pellets) in your yogurt or cereal
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You could try fiber one bars (tastes more like a candy bar than a fiber bar) Flax seeds or flax seed oil -- you can mix this into your yogurt or just toss some in your mouth and swallow.

Calcium -- you can take a supplement or add in some additional dairy.
    I wouldnt worry about cholesterol in foods unless you have high cholesterol....see what your blood tests come back as. As odd as it sounds you can take fish oil for chiolesterol... Lowers bad and raises good.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I've started taking calcium pills as well, I don't worry about most things except fat, calories, sodium etc
  • AllietheLOSER
    AllietheLOSER Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hmm....great ideas! I've been considering calcium supplements, so now suppose I'll buy some the next time I go to the store. I think I'll change my settings back to what they were, that way I won't stress--I had no worries until I changed them

Will take all the advice regarding fiber! Thanks to all of you! :happy:
  • beerwidow
    beerwidow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For fiber, try some of the whole wheat double fiber breads or sandwich thins that are out. They are light, soft breads with really low calories - an extra bonus!