What salad dressings do you use?

Options
2»

Replies

• chelseasans
    chelseasans Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms makes amazing yogurt salad dressings. My favorites are the chunky blue cheese and salsa ranch :flowerforyou:

This!
  • _Nicklebee
    Options
    I like Renee's Sweet Onion dressing the best, followed by Renee's Asian Sesame.
    In general, I find the dressings in the refrigerated section of the supermarket way better than that ones in the salad dressing aisle.

Mmm you were so right… I never thought it could make such a difference in salad dressing! But the refrigerated kind is definitely, by far, more yummy! I went with a Greek Salad dressing from Marzetti
  • _Nicklebee
    Options
    For the minimal amount of salad dressing I use, it's worth it to just have what I like and not worry about the calorie or fat contents in it. I like to enjoy my foods so trying to cut things that I like to save a few calories just isn't worth it.

I took a bit of your advise(: Went with something i knew i'd enjoy. Greek dressing(:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i just found Marzetti sweet and sour (with celery seeds) fat free. 45 calories per 2 tbsp. and I like the taste. shur-fine non fat italian is tasty too.. same amt of calories and I can cut this with more vinegar to stretch it..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,715 Member
    Options
    Toasted Sesame Asian dressing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I usually make my own olive oil and balsamic or olive oil vinaigrette. I use the Bolthouse Farms yogurt based blue cheese and ranch varieties if I want a creamy dressing or for dips.
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Ken's Light Options Sweet Vidalia Onion is a good one!

And we love Kraft dressings in our house; they are often buy 1 get 1 free and we have tried a bunch. The ones that go quick in our house are: Green Goddess, Catalina Tangy Bacon, Italian Roasted Red Pepper with Parmesan, Italian Zesty, Ranch Peppercorn, Italian Tuscan House, Vinagrette Sun Dried Tomato, and Lite Toasted Sesame Asian

Regular Ranch has to be Hidden Valley
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    99% of the time I make my own. 2 parts acid to 1 part olive oil...for acids I use some combo of (often flavored) white or red balsamic vinegars, red wine or rice vinegars, lemon juice, mustard, etc., then I season however I like with salt, pepper, herbs, and spices. Just depends on what goes with the rest of the flavors in my salad. Or I make my own ranch (low fat buttermilk, reduced fat mayo and sour cream OR fat free greek yogurt, splash of white vinegar, pressed garlic, fresh dill, parsley, and chives, and then salt and pepper - basically all to taste, depending on what flavors you like and how thick you want it). Sometimes I'll mix it with salsa, too. Swap out the garlic/herbs for blue cheese and you've got blue cheese dressing, too.

If I don't have time or I'm looking for a specific flavor, I love the Ken's Lite Poppyseed dressing, the (new-ish) light Olive Garden dressing, Marie's light chunky blue cheese and light Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I like Renee's Sweet Onion dressing the best, followed by Renee's Asian Sesame.
    In general, I find the dressings in the refrigerated section of the supermarket way better than that ones in the salad dressing aisle.
    Mmm yes! Renee's Mighty Caeser :love:
  • madonetwo
    madonetwo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like that Bolthouse blue cheese, too.
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I use balsamic vinegar and I put some oregano in it just for a different flavor. Oh and i buy the Chicken of the Sea Premium Pink Salmon and put that in it too, it is only 70 calories for the package and it is really good.