C25k starting tomorrow. :)

Options
I know a number of you already started but I'm going to give it a honest try. I need some support on this. :)

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    It is hard but it will make you feel great both mentally and physically. If you have an ipod there are great podcats the cue your intervals for you. It goes by much faster than checking your watch all the time. Good luck! You can do it!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    its hard no lie there... but I've made it to week 2 hoping to make it to week 3 by Monday... don't give up if you don't get it the first run or even second!!
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was looking at this myself. I used to be an elite runner on the national team many many years ago. I had to quit due to stress fractures, school, etc. I have been out walking 5 miles a day over the last little while and I got to thinking about running again. My only concern is whether I will have the lung capacity to do it now that the cancer has moved into my lungs. But I'm thinking about getting started . . .
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention that it helps to ice your shins after to prevent shin splints. I am delaying my week 3 right now because of it. :angry:
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I started mines today, and I use my droid to cue me in. Come on you can do it. The key to it all is don't give up.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Actually i decided to start on Monday..AFTER my 5k. I don't want to risk injuries before the big day. :)