What motivates you to get or stay fit?

Options
The discussion is that will alone won't get it done. Without a motivation, and one that's so strong it lets nothing stop you, will can still fail you on your journey. What motivates you to get or stay fit?

I'm a father of an almost 6 year old that is not yet one year removed from open heart surgery. My motivation is to be able to bounce her children off my knee like a doting old grandfather. To accomplish that, I've made health, nutrition and fitness an integral part of my life.

So, anyone willing to open up? Share what motivates them? GO!

Replies

• jec285
    jec285 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I want my wife to stay attracted to me.
  • pjmilkov
    pjmilkov Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I am really new to this site. My cousins told me about it last summer and now I am finally getting started ! my motivation is that one of my sons is graduating next year and I want to look presentable. Also, my knees hurt and I have High blood pressure, I am only 47 and would like to stay around for an extra minute or two God willing !:happy:
  • pennyjlong
    Options
    For me to stay motivated, I made it a way of life. I am still on my weight loss plan. I am very careful what I think about food. I have choices and I am determined to make good ones. I have lost 17 lbs in 9 weeks. Good self talk helps. Lots of proteins, very little sugar. I get the sugar from fruits and vegetables. I am likeing the way my clothes fit and I move easier. Everyone is different, so get a plan and stick with it. Just be sensible and healthy and active. Move more. I am back to using this program.