12 week success stories?

I haven't posted in this forum in a while, lol. But I'm just curious. I know a major difference happens over the course of a year+. I'm proof of that. I've been losing weight for around 2 years now, haha. But I was wondering if you guys have personally seen success 3 months. I'm not setting a time limit on anything because slow and steady is the best way to go about it (though I WOULD like to be able to buy a bikini one day :P)
Basically, school ends in 2 weeks, I'll have 12 weeks to change something about myself before I go back to college. I play rugby and I'll be practicing twice a week and lifting 3x a week so while my diet is in check i should be able to see something different, right lol? My goal is to lose fat and retain muscle since I don't eat enough to gain any.
But anyway, post your pictures or share a progress story. All things and people are welcome! c:

Replies

• QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Following.
  • lonnieh2
    lonnieh2 Posts: 28 Member
    I have been losing since January. I started out at 163 on Jan 2nd. By April I had lost 50 lbs....so yes it's definitely possible to dramatically change your appearance in just three months.

The first month I didn't even exercise...and I lost 12 pounds by eating right and under my daily calorie limit. Then when I incorporated running and weights I am losing on average about 20 lbs a month. As of today, I am about 60 pounds down and just about to enter ONEderland. I will be done in a month for a total weight lost of 87 lbs lost from my all time high of 272.

The KEY- consistency. I have only missed about 5 days of exercise and only gone over my calorie goal 3 times in the past 4 months. I haven't missed anything because if I know I'm going to have a hamburger for dinner..i have a salad for lunch and make sure I work out enough to cover it.

I do 1 hour of interval running and 30 minutes of weights every single day. And I eat right and always under my calorie goal.

If you are serious...and consistent....the weight should come off with ease. BUT you have to push it...just running 5 mph everyday isn't gonna get it....you have to always try to push yourself every time...to really see results. The body needs to be pushed to be encouraged to adjust itself.

If you want it...just do it...and go get it. 3 months isn't that long. Just remember...calories In...vs. calories out. and the weight should fall off. Oh and...I used to play Rugby in college...so I already know you have the toughness to get it done. Good luck!
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    I have been losing since January. I started out at 163 on Jan 2nd. By April I had lost 50 lbs....so yes it's definitely possible to dramatically change your appearance in just three months.

The first month I didn't even exercise...and I lost 12 pounds by eating right and under my daily calorie limit. Then when I incorporated running and weights I am losing on average about 20 lbs a month. As of today, I am about 60 pounds down and just about to enter ONEderland. I will be done in a month for a total weight lost of 87 lbs lost from my all time high of 272.

The KEY- consistency. I have only missed about 5 days of exercise and only gone over my calorie goal 3 times in the past 4 months. I haven't missed anything because if I know I'm going to have a hamburger for dinner..i have a salad for lunch and make sure I work out enough to cover it.

I do 1 hour of interval running and 30 minutes of weights every single day. And I eat right and always under my calorie goal.

If you are serious...and consistent....the weight should come off with ease. BUT you have to push it...just running 5 mph everyday isn't gonna get it....you have to always try to push yourself every time...to really see results. The body needs to be pushed to be encouraged to adjust itself.

If you want it...just do it...and go get it. 3 months isn't that long. Just remember...calories In...vs. calories out. and the weight should fall off. Oh and...I used to play Rugby in college...so I already know you have the toughness to get it done. Good luck!
    That's amazing :D Thanks for the words of encouragement
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member

[/quote

Omg amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great thread & thanks for sharing your story
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    I lost my weight in one month but I only had 8.5lbs to lose. I was cutting down to stay in my weight class for kick boxing. I did not starve myself (no bueno for fighting bigger, stronger males), I did not exceed my calorie goals, and I worked out 5 days a week for an hour to an hour and a half with cardio (the kick boxing) and heavy-for-me weight training on alternate days. I also got plenty of sleep and drank a lot of water.

The only weight loss worth having is the kind you get from being healthy IMHO. Do the best you can in a healthy way and see where you are! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!