Hello:)

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Cara. I'm 27 years old. Live in South Jersey. I am happily married and have a 2 1/2 year old son Connor. I'm excited and very scared of my long weight loss journey ahead of me. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. If you've had success with this site or have an inspirational story I'd love to hear it!! I need all the inspiration and motivation I can get!

Thanks,
Cara :)

Replies

• Bosslady11611362
    Options
    Hello Cara! Welcome to MFP :smile: You have come to the right place to make your life style change. There are a lot of people here that will support you on your journey. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • connorsmamma
    Options
    Thanks!
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the site. I have been doing this calorie counting since July. I have lost at least 15 lbs, but I don't weigh myself everyday or even week so I'm not sure what I weigh today. I went through periods where I didn't lose then all of a sudden I would drop. So I stopped weighing on a regular basis, instead I just stay the course and I can see it in my clothes. I just had to tighten my belt to the smallest loo, a size I was in 20 years ago. The main thing is to find a fitness program that you like and will keep you interested. I began competing in cycling and running to give myself some targets. Nutrition is something else that I have started watching. As I was looking at my results on a daily basis in MFP I noticed I was lacking in vitamins and minerals. My potassium, iron and calcium were always low.
    Good luck and find a workout that is convenient to do and that you like so you will stick with it. Good luck and add me as a friend if you want for support.

Best regards,
    Gunnar
  • connorsmamma
    Options
    Thank you!
  • leeahosu
    Options
    welcome aboard!! My name's Leah! I just started on here a couple of weeks ago...I as well need ALL the help I can get!!

Leah
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, I just started about two weeks ago and have already lost 3lbs. The people here are really helpful and the site helps you watch what you eat.
  • connorsmamma
    Options
    Yay..I've been here a week and lost 2.6 pounds!!
  • connorsmamma
    Options
    Yay..I've been here a week and lost 2.6 pounds!!