Replies

• chuck311
    chuck311 Posts: 5
    Options
    Bought the flex yesterday XD
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i have had my fitbit for over a year , i love it ,i started with a ZIP and now have a FLEX , it keeps me motivated, and moving forward,and the FLEX since its on my wrist like a watchalso serves as visual reminder to get my steps out well worth the 100 bucks
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I love mine, it's really helped me to understand how many calories I burn a day, and in turn how much I can eat & still lose.
  • jemoman1
    jemoman1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love it!, I also have the goal of loosing more than 100 Pounds, The Fitbit has helped me to keep track of my calories deficit between what I eat and what I burn . It also motivates me to stay more active. Great tool, I have the Fitbit one which is very small, not intrusive and out of everybody else's sight.
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thank you All for the great info.on the Fitbit. I am going to go buy one today :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I have a genuine question for those use it. What if your activity does not involve steps, like a fitness DVD with various exercises or strength training? If that was the bulk of your exercise would it still be able to estimate calories accurately? And what advantages does it have over a phone app?
  • cassie4animals
    cassie4animals Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You have to log other exercises, which you can do on the fitbit website. As far as estimating calories accurately, I don't know. It seemed to match rather closely with estimates I found on other website. Fitbit also has a phone app to sync with your bluetooth phone, but it's not as in depth as their website. It will give you the basic info on your steps, calories burned, sleep activity, etc, but you get a lot more detail on their website.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You have to log other exercises, which you can do on the fitbit website. As far as estimating calories accurately, I don't know. It seemed to match rather closely with estimates I found on other website. Fitbit also has a phone app to sync with your bluetooth phone, but it's not as in depth as their website. It will give you the basic info on your steps, calories burned, sleep activity, etc, but you get a lot more detail on their website.

Ah alright. Thank you.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES. it is worth it. I got mine June 2013 and I never realized how little I was moving 2-3 k on weekends and maybe 5k at work now I'm aware of how much I move. I am a numbers person so I'm trying to better the previous days steps or the week before. I have the zip and have lost it but customer service replaced it for me make sure you keep your receipt. In the time I didn't have my zip I felt so lost

I love mine and never regretted the purchase.
  • evelyn150
    evelyn150 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i agree totally with everything you said!!!