1200 Diet - Doing it Right?

So I know the 1200 calorie plan gets a lot of flack, but I've lost 40lbs so far. I think the only reason I've been able to do this so successfully is that I also use a Fitbit tracker. My problem is on the days I don't do much, do I eat 1200? Because my fitbit will say that for me to have that deficit of 1000 calories, I should only eat 1000 or sometimes less. I really don't want to hurt my metabolism.

On a slightly different note, but very similar. Most days I will earn an extra 100-200 calories just by going about my usual activities. Sometimes I'm hungry, and sometimes I'm not. Should I eat those calories? As previously stated, I know I'm walking a fine line with the 1200 goal, but I also would like to continue good weight loss.

Thanks for you advice and time,
badwolf4

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    IMO Fitbit does not have a 'safety catch' of making sure to recommend at least a minimal calorie consumption. So if you were really inactive it might tell you to only eat 600 calories or something else crazy. Your body needs nutrition.

For the extra activity calories, feel free to eat some or even all if you're otherwise staying on the low end of the spectrum. Go by how you feel.