Protein Powders?

Options
Once upon a time, when I was a member of Curves, I used their protein powders. I thought they tasted pretty good. Now that hot summer months are fast approaching here in the Deep South, I know that I'll be wanting to cook less and rely more on cold food and drinks for my meals. I would love a few recommendations for good-tasting chocolate or vanilla protein powders, so that I can avoid fast food and maybe increase the nutritional value of smoothies/shakes (preferably some that don't cost a fortune). Any powders need to be low in sugars, though, since I've got Type II diabetes. Thanks!

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Trutien has a SPECTACULAR Chocolate Truffle and Vanilla protein shakes.
  • bombshellcertification
    Options
    I use Arbonne Vanilla--it has 20g vegan protein is gluten/fructose/dairy free, I initially got it to help a friend who was selling the product, but I notice since Ive been using it that I don't get those sugar/hypoglycemia dips and I feel so much more balanced & calm which has been a nice side effect...I mix with cold water and frozen berries, add nuts, cinnamon etc, coconut water..sometimes greek yogurt.....I have been using it since February. I have not used any other consistently though, I have a fave juice/smoothie bar that I go to, and when I do I get a vegan vanilla protein with "Warrior" in the name--cant remember the full name, sorry!

Interesting to note the label for Arbonne reads:

Diabetic Friendly has low glycemic index which has little effect on blood sugar levels

Supports healthy post meal blood glucose levels that are already in normal range********

Does not cause spike in blood sugar (there is 9g of sugar in 2 scoops at 160 calories/3g Fat/14g Carb/20g Protein)
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Thanks for both the suggestions! I will definitely look into both of them. Anyone else? (Just a note: I don't care if it's vegan or not--dairy is not an issue for me.)
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few powders (neither of the brands listed above), but I stick with Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. Out of the flavors I have tried, I like Extreme Milk Chocolate & Delicious Strawberry the best. :)
  • chellseaworley101
    chellseaworley101 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use the Garden of Life Raw Protein! It's all natural, and vegan recommended. There's no artificial flavors and it's healthy! :) It comes in Chocolate & Vanilla!
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    emeraldeyes_bc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If dairy isn't an issue for you the best quality you're going to get, for amazing value is Dymatize Elite Natural. It's naturally sweetened with stevia and very well known for it's fantastic taste.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had no idea there were so many different products out there! I'll have to check these out before the really hot weather gets here (it's already been up past 80 degrees, so it's coming fast . . .)
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few powders (neither of the brands listed above), but I stick with Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. Out of the flavors I have tried, I like Extreme Milk Chocolate & Delicious Strawberry the best. :)

Add another vote for Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Extreme Milk Chocolate.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition Performance Vanilla or Chocolate it taste great low calories Low carb Low sugar.:happy:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    i use body fortress or java pro
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Trutein. It's pretty dang good.