High Waisted Swimsuits?

Options
I'm looking forward to summer and I think everyone is! So lately looking at swimsuits, i've decided I kind of want to try a high waisted swimsuit, but i'm not sure if they're right for "chubbier" girls.
Do they hide a bit of belly fat? I'm 5'6" and 190lbs (last I checked)
Does anyone have experience with how well they keep up and where they got it from?

Replies

• leeloohaus
    Options
    Hey AndyzaLove! I am almost the same measurements as you, and I recently purchased a one-piece online from modcloth.com. The style's similar to the ones here: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/ourdesigners/esther-williams . The style I bought had horizontal ruching which I think helps hide a tummy. I did notice the bust wasn't uber reinforced, so if you're busty, that might be a concern (I'm more pear shaped so the suit fit me fine, and lack of support wasn't an issue.) Hope that helps!
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    High waisted swimsuits hide a multitude of sins on all body types. They are super cute (Modcloth is one of my favourite websites too!) and do help hide stomach pooch and are generally more structured. Even investing in high waisted bottoms and pairing them with a bikini top is cute and helps keep the price down, say patterned high bottoms and a solid coloured top.
  • melsayshello
    melsayshello Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love them! I am 5'5 and 189 lbs.... and i have a baby. So yes they hide what you want to hide and look uber sexy without being unclassy. I say give them a shot. They have some cute ones on modcloth but that can be very pricey. Forever 21 has a lot out right now that are not expensive at all(just to give it a shot first)