Why do I feel so terrible during the week?

Options
I eat about the same number of calories per day, eat meals at roughly the same times, and sleep about the same amount every day. My macros do not fluctuate much -- 50-55% carbs, 20-25% fat, 25-30% protein. My calories burned in exercise tend to be even as well.

On Monday-Friday I have classes in the morning from 8:30 to 1, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have an additional class in the evening from 6 to 8. I bike to and from my morning classes every day, and drive to my evening classes. I burn roughly 170 calories from biking, using a HRM and measuring speed. I also do bodyweight training from apps such as Sworkit and FitStar. I usually burn about 120 calories from those, but I feel like I burn less because of the inaccuracies of measuring circuit training that I've seen on these boards. So anyways, every weekday I burn around 300 calories.

Then on weekends, I typically either jog for 30-40 minutes or do interval running. I use a HRM and average speed to compute my calorie burn, which ends up being around 300 calories, sometimes more.

However, I feel like crap during weekdays. I feel very cold, very faint and dizzy. My fingernails turn purple. Why does this happen?

Replies

• mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    No clue. My suggestion is that you see your doctor for a check-up.
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you consuming? what you describe could be caused by not eating enough... but it also could be something else, so see a doctor if you are worried
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Do you do something different on week days that you don't on weekends? Are you eating enough? Are you in a different environment? I'd personally see a doctor for a checkup to rule out any health issues but look at the differences in your activies as well. For instance maybe it's actually colder where you are during the week day vs weekends. Maybe you skip breakfast. Maybe you sit/dont sit more.
  • mooncath
    mooncath Posts: 31
    Options
    I eat at least 1280 calories a day. I guess that's pretty low, and there are ways I could add calories. (However, I can't eat some of those (i.e. dairy, nuts). Avocado and seeds are lovely but they're not too cheap. Also, I don't like drinking flavored stuff because it takes away from the flavor of actual food. Many desserts are too heavy for me and make me lethargic.) I'm mainly here to maintain my weight, and to track some nutrients (i.e. iron, calcium). But I do maintain accuracy by weighing foods. For reference, I'm 5'0" and 105 pounds.

The only things different between weekends and weekdays are that on weekdays I've got classes but on weekends I don't have much scheduled. I just do work assigned from my classes and go for a jog/run. Also, I don't eat breakfast on weekends. I eat breakfast on all weekdays.