54 lbs down just over half way there pics

Options
codycsweet
codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
Last January I got on the scale and was devastated when I seen the number 250. I kept thinking that has to be wrong so I stepped on the scale a few more times and sure enough yep I was 250. In sept 2012 I had my 3rd and finally baby and never reached 240 in any of my pregnancies. I know that I was eating a lot...I was nursing and knew I'd eat a little more but I was always hungry and grabbed they quickest thing I could find. For any who have nursed it is time consuming especially with my kids they took 30-45 min every time.
So I found this site but didn't do anything with it except to sign up. In march I tried WW made it 3 weeks on their system and lost my ambition. Then in may I whet to buy some shorts size 20 ouch never had to do that before 18 sure but a 20. That was my real turning point. On June 8th I got back on here and have faithfully logged every day (my streak was at 55 days then I went camping and had no cell service for the day, but. Still logged). I seen that a few people commented on something called a Fitbit so I got on amazon researched it and then ordered it. I'm a numbers person and for me this was the best little gadget. I watched what I ate portion wise. I still eat dark chocolate, ice cream or whatever else I want I just make it fit I to my allotment of 1700-2000 calories.
I've had 2 times where I stalled out the last one was jan '14 through the first half of march. I couldn't figure out what was going on yeah I started lifting but I'd loose and gain the same 3 lbs. well I went back and looked at my food and exercise log and found I wasn't probably logging properly. I'm a preschool teacher and eat lunch and snack with the kids and I eat whatever is being served. I believe since I couldn't weight it out and was eyeballing it I underestimated to calorie amount.
It few weeks ago I made it to onederland and waited to write this till I made it a few weeks under 200. I still have aways to go but I realize I have come so far SW250. Jeans size 20 shirt 1x. Bra 42dd/DDD CW 196.8. Jeans 12/14 depending on brand shirt l/XL bra 36DD
I do usually 2 Zumba classes a week lift a few times a week, and average 12-15k steps a day. The two things that I changed was eating I moderation and logging helped me to do that and to move I go for a walks and involve my kids.

May 2013
9aff05d3-e495-4026-a6a2-2ec8c1d88b01_zpse88e7963.jpg

imagejpg2_zps2ded7759.jpg

March 2013 and march 2014 1 yr apart

bb8a4f32-2144-4c28-ad0a-c6a35c26751a_zps99444954.jpg

April 2014. 196.8

ca4ad5bf-3b87-4a76-a0d5-045164cbeeda_zps1568e808.jpg

Replies

• lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Options
    Awesome job! Your face has totally changed! Keep up the hard work, it's paying off :)
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You look great .. Keep up the fantastic work.
  • elle_321
    elle_321 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    great work! Such a big change already! I loooove the fitbit, my kids just bought me one for my birthday, It really does help with the cals in and cals out.
  • diggerjcb1966
    Options
    You look fantastic! Keep at it and you will get there. Inspirational.
  • getninshape56
    getninshape56 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good job! You look amazing...keep up the good work and you'll reach your goal ;)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! It's a huge difference.

Our numbers are very similar, I started at 248 and recently hit my halfway point with 56 lbs. I hit Onderland at the end of February. A lot of the clothing sizes are the same or close so it's great for me to be able to see someone I can really relate to. Keep it up and I will too! :flowerforyou:
  • qwicherbytchin
    Options
    You look great! I love reading stories like this. It helps keep me motivated.
  • kirstybogle
    Options
    Well done. You've really inspired me.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job! You are doing this!!! YAY!!!!
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Fab work!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You demonstrate what a great commitment to you health can achieve!
  • EsqMom
    EsqMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! I'm barely 7 pounds down but just started two weeks ago... still 37 to go though... :/ I need more stories from you and like yours to keep my hopes high! :)
  • maryann46106
    Options
    You've made me feel like I can do this too! Thank you so much for sharing.
  • DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • SheaChez
    SheaChez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to go! One of the things that is so hard as a Mom is to find time to care for ourselves - you deserve this! You look great - keep up the good work!
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look great. No doubt you feel it. Thanks for posting, particularly your numbers. Its helpful for those of us that can compare. Your previous weight and size is where I was at. I am also doing Zumba. Thanks for sharing and be an inspiration.
  • tinileak92
    Options
    Well done you!! You are looking amazing :) a true inspiration to us all.. :)
  • codycsweet
    Options
    great work! Such a big change already! I loooove the fitbit, my kids just bought me one for my birthday, It really does help with the cals in and cals out.

Thank you yes the Fitbit has been a huge help and motivator. I can't believe how little I moved before I had it on a daily basis. When I had to get a replacement I felt lost when I didn't have my Fitbit.
  • codycsweet
    Options
    You look great! I love reading stories like this. It helps keep me motivated.

Thank you, you got this I also come here to read stories for motivation. You also got this ????
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!