I don't feel hungry, should I eat lunch?

Options
I'm sure this has been covered before but it's right before lunch for me and it's on my mind!

If you don't feel hungry, should you eat your regular meal anyway, or wait until you feel like it? I almost never don't feel like eating - food is normally all I can think about, and I'll eat normally even when not hungry. I wonder if its that kind of mindset/habits that make it hard for me to stick to my daily allowance of calories, and I should take advantage of this weird mood of not caring about eating lunch, or should I make myself eat?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    have a boost, or a protein shake...another words drink your lunch and then have a snack in about 2 hours
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Nobody ever said what time you have to eat lunch. My breakfast and lunch often run into each other because I eat them in roughly 100 calorie increments throughout the day while I'm at work. On the weekends, I often opt for a glorious brunch and then eat dinner. In other words, I pretty much eat when I'm hungry, but I do eat.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat just to keep your metabolism going.....I have a job where I don't have an actual lunch hour so I keep the 100 calorie items in my cabinet so that I can eat something when I need. Better a little something than nothing at all or overeating at dinner time.
  • jenreth
    jenreth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think I need to break the 'oh it's X-time. Time to eat!' habit. End up eating out of habit and not for hunger!
  • jenreth
    jenreth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    All great advice, thanks!