Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Does any one know of a good heart rate monitor that isn't crazy expensive?

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Lots of people on MFP have Polar's - there are all different price points. You will need one with a chest strap for accurate calorie counting. Also need to be able to program with your sex, weight, height, and age. I have the Polar F6 and it cost $85 on Amazon - but I see it has gone up. Others remark about the F7 or the FT7 and like them - a bit more expensive.
  • redzx9rninja
    Options
    I really like the Garmin Forerunner 305. However, this heart rate monitor is only suited for outdoor workouts where you are actually moving. It basis your calorie burns by calculating distance traveled, not by beats per minute.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Stick with the Polar. I had a Garmin and I was not a fan of how it calculated cals burned.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I really like the Garmin Forerunner 305. However, this heart rate monitor is only suited for outdoor workouts where you are actually moving. It basis your calorie burns by calculating distance traveled, not by beats per minute.

I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 also, but it only good for walking, running, biking and other moving activiities. you can get on a treadmill with it if you have a foot pod. For indoor work outs that do not involve your feet moving, you would need a different kind of monitor like Polar, unless some one knows something I do not.

Love my F305 for my walks but that about all I can do with it.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    I use the Polar F4. Its slightly cheaper than the F6 ($71 on Amazon). I believe it's being replaced by the FT4 ($73 - $100 on Amazon).