Looking for Primal Friends!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I'm gonna google and find out more :)

Check out Marks Daily Apple!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I'm gonna google and find out more :)

Check out Marks Daily Apple!!
    I'm interested to learn more...I hear about it but haven't done much research... so I just look up 'Marks Daily Apple'?
    Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Thanks for any info gang...I'm looking for some changes in my eating simply to change it up a bit. I'm about at goal weight but would like to try out something different.:drinker:
  • sueswan
    Options
    sounds good
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    What exactly is primal?
    Is it anything like HCG or Adkins that you were doing? If not how is it different? Just curious
    I was wondering the same thing Rain, wasn't sure if this was the apple a day, 500 cal diet or the steak diet.. so many crazy 'diets' on here:frown: .

Nice to see something (primal one) that could be helpful in a healthy way for our bodies. :drinker:

Good luck ladies:flowerforyou:
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    What exactly is the primal diet? I'm guessing it's more than just low carb?

fruits, veggies, lean meats, nuts and berries. no wheats grains or rices. HIGH protien and fiber. When my nutritionist first talked about it. I was like "WHAT? are you insane" but now............ I love it. Never hungry, so much energy, effortless weightloss. Very satisfying.

I totally agree!! I never get hungry and have stuck to it for 7 weeks solidly without finding it difficult which makes me confident that I can keep it up as a lifestyle change rather than a diet! I feel fantastic on it and if you even mentioned fast food to me I would feel sick! xxx
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

fruits, veggies, lean meats, nuts and berries. no wheats grains or rices. HIGH protien and fiber. When my nutritionist first talked about it. I was like "WHAT? are you insane" but now............ I love it. Never hungry, so much energy, effortless weightloss. Very satisfying.

I totally agree!! I never get hungry and have stuck to it for 7 weeks solidly without finding it difficult which makes me confident that I can keep it up as a lifestyle change rather than a diet! I feel fantastic on it and if you even mentioned fast food to me I would feel sick! xxx
    Thanks for sharing, great to hear Bee! :drinker:
  • Grokette
    Options
    What exactly is primal?
    Is it anything like HCG or Adkins that you were doing? If not how is it different? Just curious
    I was wondering the same thing Rain, wasn't sure if this was the apple a day, 500 cal diet or the steak diet.. so many crazy 'diets' on here:frown: .

Nice to see something (primal one) that could be helpful in a healthy way for our bodies. :drinker:

You may think that the HCG plan is crazy and unhealthy, but it is far from either…………

I did the Primal Plan for 6 months with a 3 pound loss before starting the HCG plan and had not had a monthly TOM in over a year and a half. This is mostly due to having Severe Hypothyroidism and a Pituitary Tumor.

HCG has been the only way I have been able to lose weight and I have had 4 TOM's in a row - every month like clock work since July.

Now I am finding that for myself, I can combine the Primal plan and HCG so I am eating in my comfort zone.

I am a Paleo eating person at heart, but when it comes down to getting the weight off and keeping it off, I am also with the HCG plan.

I am not saying any of this to spark a debate, but I see how you slyly tried to throw in an HCG bash. I am going to stop you in your tracks before you even get it started.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Thanks again for the PM's & email with great resources luvbnamom :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    You are very welcome!!!! It helps me to help others!
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Sounds really interesting.. I have PCOS and am supposed to stick to low carb so think I need to do some research into it as think it could help me.
    Do you still stick to the calorie counting on here too?
  • LisaJayne71
    Options

I didn't realise that's what you were doing too Bee... You really like it too? x
  • LisaJayne71
    Options
    What exactly is primal?

You may think that the HCG plan is crazy and unhealthy, but it is far from either…………

I did the Primal Plan for 6 months with a 3 pound loss before starting the HCG plan and had not had a monthly TOM in over a year and a half. This is mostly due to having Severe Hypothyroidism and a Pituitary Tumor.

HCG has been the only way I have been able to lose weight and I have had 4 TOM's in a row - every month like clock work since July.

Now I am finding that for myself, I can combine the Primal plan and HCG so I am eating in my comfort zone.

I am a Paleo eating person at heart, but when it comes down to getting the weight off and keeping it off, I am also with the HCG plan.

I am not saying any of this to spark a debate, but I see how you slyly tried to throw in an HCG bash. I am going to stop you in your tracks before you even get it started.

What is HCG? I put it into google but it came up with a doctors in studiocity and it was difficult to work out what it was.. it looked like it was a link to an online programme you pay for. Is there a book?
    It sounds really interesting
  • Grokette
    Options

Sounds really interesting.. I have PCOS and am supposed to stick to low carb so think I need to do some research into it as think it could help me.
    Do you still stick to the calorie counting on here too?

I don't count calories - if you are eating whole, natural foods there is no need to count calories.

I have PCOS too and the Primal plan is GREAT for getting everything under control.

I recommend Primal Blue Print. Check out Mark's Daily Apple!!

I started out with the Atkins Plan and over the years have transitioned over to Primal Blue Print which is a bit more strict.
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options

I didn't realise that's what you were doing too Bee... You really like it too? x

I do chick - it's just been a lifestyle change for us rather than a diet. The weight is falling off me every week ( although I have to say that I do a lot of exercise too). It is really getting my PCOS under control too. I would highly recommend it xxx
  • erincraig
    Options
    I just started Primal 2 weeks ago. So far it has been easier than I thought it would be. I still have a long way to go though. Feel free to friend me.