No Loss showing on scale?

Options
Maybe its just the scale Ive been using, its one of those old ones with a dial. But I started on Sunday at 190 and have been working my butt off this week both eating super healthy and working out, and been super excited to see the pounds that I shed this week, knowing that at the beginning you lose more each week then at the end.

I stepped on the scale this morning, naked and after I had gone to the bathroom, to see NO CHANGE in my weight! Is it just the scale or could I possibly have lost nothing this week!?!

If it is the scale, anyone have any suggestions/criteria for getting a new one? Should I get a new one?!?

Replies

• Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You're not likely to see a change in one week. My weight fluctuates as much as 5 lbs per day. I could easily weigh more at the end of the week from water retention when I had really lost weight. It's not always going to show on the scale.
  • dayse40
    dayse40 Posts: 2
    Options
    I can relate to the frustration! But my doctor reminded me that muscle weighs more, so if you are working out and getting toned, you could be loosing fat and gaining muscle - therefore not seeing a drop a pounds. But don't give up ... keep moving! :)
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the frustration! But my doctor reminded me that muscle weighs more, so if you are working out and getting toned, you could be loosing fat and gaining muscle - therefore not seeing a drop a pounds. But don't give up ... keep moving! :)

I know it gets said lots and lots of times on here, but you are not going to gain muscle on a calorie deficit - doesn't happen

Even when guys lift really heavy and eat a big calorie surplus, they struggle to add a tiny bit of muscle.

No chance that you are losing fat and gaining muscle.

But it's just week 1 though - my wife doesn't see a movement in the scales until week 2 or 3, don't worry, it will come
  • Michigander1956
    Michigander1956 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The Weight Watchers scale is nice an accurate ..around 40 dollars
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

I know it gets said lots and lots of times on here, but you are not going to gain muscle on a calorie deficit - doesn't happen

Even when guys lift really heavy and eat a big calorie surplus, they struggle to add a tiny bit of muscle.

No chance that you are losing fat and gaining muscle.

But it's just week 1 though - my wife doesn't see a movement in the scales until week 2 or 3, don't worry, it will come

This. But if working out is new to you, you may be retaining some water.
  • slimsoon2014
    Options
    If you truly are working your butt off it could be water retention, minor swelling. Keep at it. Also you can try increasing your water intake and reducing salt consumption to felp flush some of that water weight away. But keep in mind the biggest drop that people normaly see is just that in fact, water.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    its not muscle gain after 1 week
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

If OP is a beginner then maybe some newb gains..but you are not going to build muscle in a calorie deficit..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - weight loss is not going to be linear .it is going to stay the same, go down, go up, etc; as long as the trend is down you will be fine.

Keep eating in a deficit and working out and you will be fine.