people watching at gym

Options
2»

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Are women actually attracted to those kind of dudes that flare their chests with confidence? Seems like the women go for the "DB's" most of the time.
    Hate dem brahs
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Honestly I havent noticed. There is always the occasional "thinking" that someone is staring. But usually its just that I am not very confident. I usually just take the classes at the gym I enjoy it more then just walking on the treadmill or doing the eliptical. You know.
  • FoodieMotion
    FoodieMotion Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When I was using the gym it was different (maybe a UK or because I'm a girl thing):

1. Men watching me do squats

2. Me watching Men do squats

3. The other girl in the weights area who chats about lifting :o)

4. The teenagers spending aaaaages on one station chatting whilst they do a million reps.

5. The older boys lifting to strengthen themselves after surgery.

Not a bad crowd actually :o)
  • Firehawk734
    Firehawk734 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    When I was using the gym it was different (maybe a UK or because I'm a girl thing):

1. Men watching me do squats

2. Me watching Men do squats

3. The other girl in the weights area who chats about lifting :o)

4. The teenagers spending aaaaages on one station chatting whilst they do a million reps.

5. The older boys lifting to strengthen themselves after surgery.

Not a bad crowd actually :o)

Nothing more attractive than watching a woman squat...
  • Xxoxo
    Xxoxo Posts: 233
    Options
    @ home gym…. but my dog like to take over my treadmill. He lays on it and gets it all hairy :grumble:
  • laurajane19901
    Options
    I agree with the being watched while squatingt thing, so awkward when someone is watching.

I leave the gym looking sweaty and horrendous. Meanwhile there's a girl on the bike with a magazine and sporting false eyelashes etc, making me feel like a right creature!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I get the stares a lot. But the thing that bothers me is that there are only 4 of the cardio machines I like....and only two work properly...and someone gets on and barely bobs up and down while texting or talking on the phone and I have to wait..and often I have my boys with me and they can be in daycare for only 2 hours..so I like to get everything done..and I will use other cardio machines but prefer the AMT. :)

Also, those who don't wear deodorant :sick:

Or those that should have used the bathroom before coming...I end up behind those a lot. :sick: :grumble:
  • gymkoala
    gymkoala Posts: 76
    Options
    guy packing a **** ton of weight on the smith machine and then go on doing calf raises ????
  • gymkoala
    gymkoala Posts: 76
    Options
    staring at everyone is squatting is totally legit ^^
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I am usually too busy either going to Zumba classes or kickboxing class, or using the treadmill, or occasionally using the weight machines.
  • WolfChylde
    WolfChylde Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I had a woman get on an elliptical right next to me, the whole row was free and maybe it's just me, but I give people space if I can. She spent the entire time on her phone, talking loudly. I had my music all the way up and could still hear her,
    At least she pissed me off enough i got in a really good cardio session haha
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    I had a woman get on an elliptical right next to me, the whole row was free and maybe it's just me, but I give people space if I can. She spent the entire time on her phone, talking loudly. I had my music all the way up and could still hear her,
    At least she pissed me off enough i got in a really good cardio session haha

That annoys the piss out of me. If there is an entire bank of machines empty at 0600 Do not hop on the treadmill next to mine and creep my display!
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy wearing jeans walking backwards on the treadmill. That was the most unusual person I have ever seen there.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I live in Korea... and most of the people in the gym ... are cyborgs.. living on their phones... playing video games, or benching 10lbs... grunting like a pig in heat...

to find a free weight or a dumbbell always reminds me of easter egg hunting... and the benches should all be made by lazyboy they sit at them for so long...

There are a few Bruce Lees wantabees also there.... but i must say.. you have never seen anything until you see a a woman wearing make-up and highheels in a mini skirt doing arobics

-ms