This week starts my new life!

Options
LD6686
LD6686 Posts: 77 Member
I am overweight. There I said it. Very overweight actually. I started this site when I was 209lb. Since then I have lost 36lb and had 2 children. My beautiful babies mean everything to me and they deserve a healthy happy sexy mummy (not that they will care about sexy, but daddy might!)

I am currently breastfeeding my youngest, who is just about to turn 6 months (where does that time go!) and am wanting to follow a paleo diet. I intend to cut out everything except some dairy and oats. Mainly for his benefit not mine! I worry about supply issues.

If there is anyone else following the diet and breastfeeding, or even just following the diet, I would love to chat with you! I am hopeless at thinking up ideas for meals, and struggle to meet protein requirements etc. I need a coach...are the paleo coaches out there? *Goes off to google*

Hopefully I can chat to people soon!

Lu x

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Kim. I am a birth doula and have worked with breastfeeding moms for the past 8 years. You should be fine with breastfeeding and the diet as long as you keep your water intake up. Make sure that you are taking your prenatal or some other vitamin supplement to get what you need there. My weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 65 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in?
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Kim. I am a birth doula and have worked with breastfeeding moms for the past 8 years. You should be fine with breastfeeding and the diet as long as you keep your water intake up. Make sure that you are taking your prenatal or some other vitamin supplement to get what you need there. My weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 65 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in?

I would love to be in struggle with nutrition decided to nip it in the butt again starting this week I had my first child a year ago today :) and I am down to pre pregnancy weight 192 to 155 I been struggling from 146-155 due to eating and missing workouts I completeted insanity last year and started t25 this year
  • LD6686
    LD6686 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm in :-) thank you for responding. My habits are so bad and I am so unfit! Need to do something about it x