75 lbs down in 10 months

Options
I know I haven"t set any records - neither with speed of loss or amount, but I"m still pretty happy about it. I started last June at 267 lbs and as of this morning am down to 192. I am about 3/4 of the way to my first goal.
I started by eliminating everything I thought was bad for me for a few weeks on my own (flour, sugar, fats) and dropped 30 pounds super fast, in about 3 months, but that wasn"t sustainable, obviously. I then joined MFP and went to 1200 calories per day as recommended, but it was"t enough for me. I worked in more fitness so I could eat a little more, kept tweaking here and there, always switching things up when the losses started to slow down or stall. I had a three month self-inflicted stall from December 2013 when I went to Disney, and then Christmas came with all its parties and events, and endless plates of cookies. I enjoyed myself and put back on 6 pounds. I started again in earnest in February, dropped the weight I had gained and then 10 more since then. I did it by eating mostly healthy foods (insert YOUR definition of healthy here) (my diary is open), and mixing up a LOT of different workouts for 3/4 times per week. I am now walking every single day after dinner and strength training (specifically negative-accentuated weight training) twice a week. I never killed myself with too much food restriction, too much exercise, too much anything. I am happy to be here, and look forward to goal and maintenance. Best of luck to you all. Break a leg.30iumnd.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!