I will be the first to tell you this

Options
dru8376
dru8376 Posts: 98 Member
As you know, weight loss is not an easy task.

Any type of support, motivation or encouragement will keep you going to succeed. I have one simple encouragement phrase that I feel is not said enough to anyone and it's a very powerful phrase. It was said to me a very long time ago and it still holds within in me. That phrase is "I believe in you!"

If we were face to face and you told me your story, if I stood there, looking straight into your eyes with complete sincerity saying "I believe in you!", how much do you think it would impact you? Now think about this, has anyone ever said to you "I believe in you!"?

If you haven't, then let me be the first to tell you "I BELIEVE IN YOU!"

Replies

• llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Full of win. I believe in you.
  • kespinoza2013
    kespinoza2013 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Such a great post! Everyone needs someone to believe in them! I was getting new shorts the other day because mind are huge on me now, and the topic of my weight loss came up. I told her I lost 50 pounds and she was like "wow, I don't even know you, but I'm proud of you! " it was so good to hear that. So your message will move mountains for thief losing hope! :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I believe in you!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    **high five**
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Very nice, I like this!
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You're awesome :) Thanks for believing in me!!
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    & I believe in you
  • TabithaRyan68
    TabithaRyan68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I needed that!!
    Just at the beginning of my journey and that means a lot coming from someone who has experienced so much success!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That's really a wonderful post. I've been "at this" for 6 and 1/2 months now and this is the first I've heard these words.
    And.....they sound wonderful! Thank you!
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Any type of support, motivation or encouragement will keep you going to succeed. I have one simple encouragement phrase that I feel is not said enough to anyone and it's a very powerful phrase. It was said to me a very long time ago and it still holds within in me. That phrase is "I believe in you!"

If we were face to face and you told me your story, if I stood there, looking straight into your eyes with complete sincerity saying "I believe in you!", how much do you think it would impact you? Now think about this, has anyone ever said to you "I believe in you!"?

Not reinventing the wheel or curing cancer and it is all a bit new age for me, i don't need anyone to believe in me, in fact the biggest motivation is if someone says you can't do something, winners believe in themselves and do not need others
  • tahneesummers88
    tahneesummers88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I wish I believed you.. :-(
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Just as important look in the mirror and say "I believe in you"
  • hilts1969
    Options

Just make sure no one else is in the room
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options

Why? I don't care who knows I believe in myself!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I needed that today! Exactly what I needed!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    This gave me a smile on a rough day...thanks.
  • hilts1969
    Options

Why? I don't care who knows I believe in myself!

Okay then, do you do a tiger face as well and pose for affect
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Not reinventing the wheel or curing cancer and it is all a bit new age for me, i don't need anyone to believe in me, in fact the biggest motivation is if someone says you can't do something, winners believe in themselves and do not need others

Both can work... it's not exactly the same but they are similar to positive and negative reinforcement and when it comes to behavior modification a combination of both is considered to be the most effective by many.

I get a huge boost from the feedback and encouragement given to me from the awesome people here, but I'm also going to make this work either way. I guess it's a balance for me, allowing myself to be lifted up when others believe in me and offer support and also believing in myself even if others don't.

My workout playlist has Eminem's Survival in it and I love this part........

But I want you to doubt me, I don't want you to believe
    Cause this is something that I must use to succeed
    And if you don't like me then %@$! you!
    Self esteem must be %@$!ing shooting through-the-roof cause trust me
    My skin is too thick and bullet proof to touch me
    I can see why the %@$! I disgust you
    I must be allergic to failure cause every time I come close to it
    I just sneeze, but I just go achoo then achieve!

I think we can grab hold of that kind of inner strength and still allow ourselves to be built up by outer support too. I also think too much of one without enough of the other is probably very unhealthy. My 2 cents.
  • BrittDoesIt
    BrittDoesIt Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love this so so much! People need to hear that so much more than they do! thank you
  • :JerseyFistPumpsinyourHonor: