Any suggestions for lifters?

I have no way o tracking if i burn calories while lifting, any ideas on how to do this? or if i should even do this?

Replies

• brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    i don't think you should really care about how many calories you burn from lifting, i think it's too difficult to accurately estimate, but certainly you should lift.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    i don't think you should really care about how many calories you burn from lifting, i think it's too difficult to accurately estimate, but certainly you should lift.

This. I tried using the cardio (weightlifting) and eating back the calories - and ended up gaining weight I didn't want.
  • ryanh89
    ryanh89 Posts: 13 Member
    ya know, i figured that was the case, but just wanted to double check to make sure i wasn't missing something haha.. thanks for the help guys
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member

Pretty much this. There really is no accurate way to determine this. Just train hard and hit your calories goals. If you are confused because you are supposed to be eating back exercise calories, then try doing the TDEE method instead.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member

Pretty much this. There really is no accurate way to determine this. Just train hard and hit your calories goals. If you are confused because you are supposed to be eating back exercise calories, then try doing the TDEE method instead.