Hair cuts!

Options
2»

Replies

• bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I go to a barber shop...the first time I walked in they were all in shock. Nowadays, it is not often that a girl walks in (and into a traditionally male-client oriented shop) wanting a clean-shaven head, they said. Lol!!!!
  • SeannyB
    SeannyB Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Aww my heart hurts. I'm sad to hear so many bad experiences. I'm a stylist/barber in Seattle, and I'd like to think I'm a damn good one too. There are definitely stylists out there who don't listen or execute poorly, but we're not all bad at our jobs or "scissor happy".

And Bepeejaye...I love to shave a girl's head...it's so much fun!
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I quit cutting mine when I retired from the military in 2010. I do get it trimmed every once in a while by a stylist, and at some point I will donate it for cancer patients to an outfit similar to Locks of Love. The difference being they accept the amount of gray hair I have.
  • Robyn7762
    Robyn7762 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I cut my husbands, and will trim my bangs when needed. I'm in the middle of having hairstylist mess up ...growing out! Ended up going to the hubs barber two months ago to get him to fix the mix up and now my long beautiful hair is shoulder length...had it cut really short last spring. No more cutting until June, than I'm only trusting the Barber! :drinker:
  • babyruth9899
    babyruth9899 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I cut my own hair, and my son's, and his dad's, and several other family members hair.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    And Bepeejaye...I love to shave a girl's head...it's so much fun!

:smile:
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Had a really bad experience about four years ago when I had to go to another hairdresser to cut my hair completely off to fix the damage. Ever since then, I've been doing my own hair.
  • deanconnors3
    deanconnors3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Usually my wife trims mine, profile pic is right before I donated a foot to locks of love. 20 years of buzzing it down to the scalp, seven years of "normal" hair and then didn't cut it for three years to be able to donate it. Back down to below the shoulders again, probably donate again in another year or so.
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Usually my wife trims mine, profile pic is right before I donated a foot to locks of love. 20 years of buzzing it down to the scalp, seven years of "normal" hair and then didn't cut it for three years to be able to donate it. Back down to below the shoulders again, probably donate again in another year or so.
    My family has been hit hard by cancer. I will donate my hair once again at some point. Last time I donated 17 1/2 inches.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Not anymore, I find it a relaxing way to spend lunch. But I used to have a pair of clippers that kept it at USAF standards quite nicely. It became a once-a-week routine.
  • dontdreamit
    dontdreamit Posts: 223
    Options
    If i just need it trimmed i get my sister or best friend to do but if i want an actual style cut, the hairdresser it is
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I just take the trimmers to my head every few weeks, there isn't enough left to justify paying someone to cut it lol
  • deanconnors3
    deanconnors3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My family has been hit hard by cancer. I will donate my hair once again at some point. Last time I donated 17 1/2 inches.
    Similar story, figure I'll keep donating as long as I can. I'm one of the lucky ones, mine is still growing fast. Donated last August, probably would be able to do it again by Christmas time.