how many have had sucess with counting calories?

Options
Im on a 1400 calorie diet per day and my meal intake for calories is 280 and im having a hard time finding foods to eat together while not going over and not starving either.

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    me

Up your goals to something that is sustainable.

Eat lots of fibrous veggies. Large volume and minimal cals.

Fibre and protein are filling.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I've had a little success eating about 1700 - 1900 calories a day

Find a reasonable calorie deficit, weigh and log all your food, don't demonize any food, and have lots of patience. It works :)
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I took me a few months to find a balance on daily calorie intake my main focus when looking at my calories is sodium also since Im trying to get rid of pillI take daily but this has been great over a year of tracking and it has helped me so much and changed the way that I shop for food and cook it now.
  • cortneysmomma
    Options
    Thanks for the advice I'll see what works best for me.
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I give up counting calories. I eat what I want, when I want, and just keep working out. As long as I have one *kitten* instead of two I'm not gonna stress about it. :/
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to eat 5 meals that all have the exact same amount of calories? Just stick to your daily goal and eat when you're hungry. I typically have a light breakfast, good sized lunch, and dinner, plus anywhere from 2-5 snacks, all of various calories.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Find the highest calories at which you can lose weight, follow a plan that is sustainable, so if you prefer large meals, have large meals, if you like chocolate and ice cream, fit them into your day in smaller amounts, work on getting a good balance of healthy foods and do not go to any extremes. I lose weight eating over 2000 calories a day, because I workout most days.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Counting calories is working for me, but it just means counting calories--you don't have to divvy them up in any particular way. Some people don't eat breakfast, some work in snacks, etc. I'd be miserable with the mini meal thing and just eat three reasonable-sized meals instead. I originally assumed dinner would have the most calories but I've found it's usually pretty similar. But that's me.

I snack if I workout and want/need more food prior to a meal or if I happen to just be extra hungry or have dessert that day.