Looking for friends following raw diet.

Options
Started raw food diet about a week back, not 100% raw presently but trying my best to get there.

Am looking for friends following raw food diet.

Replies

• bumpkinz
    bumpkinz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started the raw food diet about 6 weeks ago. I am also not 100%-I'd say I'm about 90% or more day to day. I cheat with coffee and when I go out to dinner with friends (I will have a salad if I can but if there are cooked vegetables with it or beans etc I'm not picky about it). I will quit coffee after the school year (I'm a first year teacher). Right now I could not handle the caffeine withdrawals!

I have to say...I have REALLY fallen in love with this lifestyle! I lost 10lbs and have not felt like I was starving at all. I also have more energy to workout and I am able to do more push-ups than I have since I was a kid! I'm just so happy about the results. I went through a short detox at first but now I feel fine and my skin is starting to glow.
  • optimisticShark
    optimisticShark Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Even I do cheat sometimes out of craving even though I try to control most of it. Luckily I got away my coffee craving right on the first day I started this diet. Instead I try to eat some fruits I like or carry fruit juice along at work.

I agree with more energy and my skin has got much smoother just within a week. I haven't lost much weight i.e. not even a single pound until Friday but I would like to continue with this lifestyle because of more energy and other benefits. Not sure how people manage to lose 4-5 pounds within a week with this diet (saw it on videos on youtube).

Good luck!! :smile:
    I just started the raw food diet about 6 weeks ago. I am also not 100%-I'd say I'm about 90% or more day to day. I cheat with coffee and when I go out to dinner with friends (I will have a salad if I can but if there are cooked vegetables with it or beans etc I'm not picky about it). I will quit coffee after the school year (I'm a first year teacher). Right now I could not handle the caffeine withdrawals!

I have to say...I have REALLY fallen in love with this lifestyle! I lost 10lbs and have not felt like I was starving at all. I also have more energy to workout and I am able to do more push-ups than I have since I was a kid! I'm just so happy about the results. I went through a short detox at first but now I feel fine and my skin is starting to glow.