Best fitness to lose baby weight belly??

Options
Hello,
Wanted to know if anyone knows what the best exercises are to do to shrink my baby on my waist????

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Wanted to know if anyone knows what the best exercises are to do to shrink my baby on my waist????

Same answer I posted on the other board, there are none. You can't spot reduce.

Moderate caloric deficit + work (cardio AND heavy lifting) + patience = a reduced midsection. You can get there with one and three, but would most likely be happier with you results if you incorporate all three.

To reduce you midsection it takes losing overall BF%
  • quest67
    quest67 Posts: 94
    Options
    Hello,

Moderate caloric deficit + work (cardio AND heavy lifting) + patience = a reduced midsection. You can get there with one and three, but would most likely be happier with you results if you incorporate all three.

Honestly though are there any other excersises beside lifting?
  • smarienovak
    Options
    (agree with the rest of the posts, you can't choose where you want to lose weight it happens all over slowly)

It's also about what you are eating. You can lift as many weights or do as many ab exercises you want, but you have to be eating healthy, clean, foods in order to reduce your midsection.
  • Marylisssy
    Options
    Oops I meant shrink my pregnancy weight!!! But ok!!!! I've heard different things!!!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    (agree with the rest of the posts, you can't choose where you want to lose weight it happens all over slowly)

It's also about what you are eating. You can lift as many weights or do as many ab exercises you want, but you have to be eating healthy, clean, foods in order to reduce your midsection.

No. You need a calorie deficit. You don't have to eat clean. Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit, it's as simple as that. If you want to 'tone up', then you'll need to look at strength training.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options

All exercises burn calories and therefore can contribute to fat loss. Exercises can't target fat from the one particular spot. It doesn't work that way. The "best exercise" would be any vigorous activity that you enjoy enough to do on a regular basis. The common recommendation is a combination of cardio / sports and full-body strength training.
  • quest67
    Options

That's what I believe to,. There are no exercises to target belly fat, so why is lifting always brought up? I know that it helps preserve muscle but it doesn't give you a flat belly.
  • quest67
    Options

All exercises burn calories and therefore can contribute to fat loss. Exercises can't target fat from the one particular spot. It doesn't work that way. The "best exercise" would be any vigorous activity that you enjoy enough to do on a regular basis. The common recommendation is a combination of cardio / sports and full-body strength training.

Thank you
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

Wrong!!
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    Once you start exercising and eating well you will see results! All exercises are better than none!
    When i had to lose baby weight i used a treadmill and did a dvd called 30 day shred!!
    Good luck!
  • quest67
    Options

Wrong!!

Why is that wrong?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Wrong!!

Why is that wrong?

Because clean eating has nothing to do with weight loss or 'reducing your midsection'.
  • quest67
    Options

Wrong!!

Why is that wrong?

Because clean eating has nothing to do with weight loss or 'reducing your midsection'.

Eating junk doesn't either
  • RGv2
    Options
    Hello,

Heavy lifting mixed with cardio and your caloric deficit is by far the most efficient combination to lowering your BF%. OP asked for the "best" and that combination is it.
  • RGv2
    Options

Wrong!!

Why is that wrong?

Eating junk doesn't either

No, but you don't "have" to eat clean to reduce you midsection, as the poster incorrectly pointed out.
  • aqxu
    aqxu Posts: 3
    Options
    You won't lose weight eating clean or eating junk if you're eating at a caloric surplus. It doesn't matter what the hell you're eating, as long as you eat below your caloric maintenance, you will lose weight.

On topic though - just eat at a caloric deficit with cardio to speed up the weight loss and you should see your waist size go down.
  • BuoyantSoul
    BuoyantSoul Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    As someone who recently lost all the baby weight, including a baby "belly", I'm here to tell you the Insanity workouts are a goddamn miracle. Why hello there, ab muscles.

Insanity doesn't just tone your abs, it will transform your whole body. I have killer legs and crazy arm muscles now. But it really did work wonders on getting those last few pounds off that I was having trouble with. And my abs are rock-hard. I did it for 10 weeks, added two extra weeks because I loved it so much and the results were so dramatic. It's no joke. You would never guess I had a baby. I look better than I did before I got pregnant.

But yes, like everyone said, you have to combine it with a nutrition plan to get the best results.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    As someone who recently lost all the baby weight, including a baby "belly", I'm here to tell you the Insanity workouts are a goddamn miracle. Why hello there, ab muscles.

Insanity doesn't just tone your abs, it will transform your whole body. I have killer legs and crazy arm muscles now. But it really did work wonders on getting those last few pounds off that I was having trouble with. And my abs are rock-hard. I did it for 10 weeks, added two extra weeks because I loved it so much and the results were so dramatic. It's no joke. You would never guess I had a baby. I look better than I did before I got pregnant.

But yes, like everyone said, you have to combine it with a nutrition plan to get the best results.

Actually no......You don't need insanity or to eat clean or whatever to lose belly fat. Just eat at a calorie deficit. That's not only one way, but it's the only way to lose fat.