help....I need lunch ideas

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
I need to eat low cal and low sodium lunches. I cook for a family and sometimes my dinners arent the best. So I need to make sure I eat great for breakfast through afternoon snack. I am very picky but i need some good lunch ideas.

Thanks

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    today i have spinach leaves, with manderine oranges and 3oz of salmon...i usually buy my fish in bulk, cook it all at once and then freeze it in individual portions, that way i can just throw it in my lunch bag and have it ready at noon. i will top that off with two tablespoons of Catlina Kraft dressing (40calories). for snack i usually have a toasted bagel and an apple in the morning, and a handful of nuts in the afternoon...that way i can get enough energy to make it through the work day and the gym...to drink i have 2.5 cups of pure green tea with a teaspoon of honey and 3 cups of cold water...those sit at my desk at all times so i can finish them before the day is over...
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My lunches usually consist of either calorie-counted dinner leftovers, salads, fruits and veggies, or calorie counted sandwiches. For example, I've found some really good 45 calorie/slice wheat bread and I count calories on what goes on the sandwich. I usually incorporate some kind of fruit with whatever I'm having for lunch. You might also take a look at some of the soups that are out there.
  • wyldfyre
    wyldfyre Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like one of the bags or boxes of frozen vegetables (some have some seasoning) that you can put right in the microwave. Add a piece of fruit (or fruit cup) and some sort of whole wheat (cracker, bread, oatmeal bar, etc.). That makes a pretty nice lunch. Just take something for a healthy snack (veggies, fruit, etc.) if it will be awhile before lunch. My lunch is usually 5 or 6 hours after I start work. When I have time, a fresh salad can't be beat or a can of High Fiber soup (although sodium could be a problem with the soup).
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Soups are especially great - either homemade (the best) or canned. Wolfgang Puck has some good ones! I love wraps (flatout brand or a low carb tortilla) with turkey, laughing cow light cheese, lettuce or spinach or broccoli slaw (it does not taste like broccoli). Hummus can also be used as a spread.
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love to get creative with salads.
    This is one of my favorites!

Strawberry Spinach Balsamic Salad:
    Ingredients:
    5 oz of cooked chicken or tofu
    2 cups of washed, dry spinach leaves
    1/2 cup of sliced strawberries
    1 tbsp. of crushed walnuts
    1 tsp. of olive oil
    1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar

Oh.. wraps too!! I love wraps!

Barbecue chicken strip wrap
    1 large whole-grain tortilla
    5 oz. pre-cooked chicken strips
    2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
    1 cup shredded cabbage/carrot/broccoli/cauliflower (such as Broccoslaw) or just tri colored slaw mix
    Put barbecue sauce, chicken and slaw in tortilla. Wrap and serve.