Need exercise help!

Options
I really need some suggestions about what exercises I can do. I've had neck surgery twice and have a lot of neck cramps and pain(still...sigh). If I try to do many exercises, I usually pay for it later that day by intense pain in my neck. I love this website and the support everyone gives. It has motivated me to lose 12 lbs so far, but I need to get my arms(bat wings.lol) and stomach into better shape. ANY and ALL advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks MFP family

Replies

• snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Since you have so much pain I would recommend that you consult your doctor for exercises so that you do not further injure yourself. Good luck!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I posted a response here when it needed to go elsewhere :-)
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Are you stretching throughout the day? Regardless of adding exercise you should add lots of stretch time throughout your day if you're not already.

I stretch 5 times a day (more if I exercise) I have a bad back and the stretching keeps me limber.

What about Yoga or Pilates?
  • sherhop
    sherhop Posts: 25
    Options
    I do about 25 minutes of yoga in the mornings. I roll my shoulders and neck throughout the day to try and keep them loose. I've started using a tens unit after exercising and that has helped a lot the past few days. I've never done pilates but have heard that they may do really well. Any pilate suggestions or websites?
  • sherhop
    Options
    I've been told to do shoulder rolls and stretch my neck. He, also, said to do standing push ups
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm new to exercise :) I've never done pilates but really want to. Its just so damned expensive everywhere.

I do cardio on a recumbent bike (its easier on the back) & strength training on a bowflex. 30-60 mins a day 5 times a week.

and I just started running in preparation for my first 5k.
  • sherhop
    Options
    Wow! That's great. I've heard you can watch some pilates and yoga on YouTube. I've thought about getting a pilate's for my Wii and see how that would be.