Help me decide!!!!

Options
I am going to the House of Blues this weekend in New Orleans, we plan on eating dinner there before the show. I tryed to look to see if they had nutritional information on the list of entrees, but sadly there is none. :frown: Anyway I am trying to prepare for this trip by exercising more than usual so I can create some sort of deficit. So based off of just the names of the entrees what would you choose?

Rosemary Chicken
Wild Mushroom Risotto
Smoked Pork Chop
Crawfish Risotto
Shrimp and Catfish Creole
Linguine with Oysters
Fresh Catch of the Day
Full Rack BBQ Basted Baby Back Ribs
Rockefeller Sea Bass
Creole Seafood Jambalaya
New York Strip Steak
Filet of Beef

Replies

• AmyJopp
    AmyJopp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Rosemary Chicken mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'd probably go with the fresh catch first and then the smoked pork chop. The rosemary chicken doesn't "sound" bad but it may be basted in a lot of butters or oils. Definitely stay away from the ribs (*sob*). Get fresh veggies to go with it.
    Have FUN!!!! :o)
  • motoxmom1
    Options
    Without doing any research I would go with the Rosemary Chicken and remove the skin before you eat it. It's so frustrating when well known or chain restaurants won't post nutritional data. We have a new chain here in our town but I can't eat there without knowing what I'm getting myself in to. Have fun!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Definitely the Rosemary Chicken or the Fresh Catch depending on how they cook it. Whatever you get enjoy it!
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    fresh fish!
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Definintely stay away from the risotto but after that I say just ask them not to cook anything in oil or butter and then go for what you want and eat just half of it - you deserve to treat yourself from time to time. Remember this is a lifestyle change not a "diet" - if you don't do something that you can maintain forever you are setting yourself up for failure.
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I would do the Rosemary chicken and leave the skin off or the fresh catch broiled with no butter have a great weekend. We are going to Myrtle Beach for the weekend.
  • groucherella
    Options
    I would eat the steak, some vegetables, and then cut the dinner in half and try to eat only that. Then I'd dance a little harder at the show.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would pick a fish dish. The Rockefeller Sea Bass sounds interesting but like others have said, it depends on how they cook it. Look for something grilled and stay away from sauces and gravies. They will work to satisfy you so ask for your veggies not to be cooked in butter. If you get a salad ask for the dressing on the side and dip your fork in it before you pick up veggies. You'll eat less dressing this way. If you get your plate and its a huge serving ask for a go-box right away and divide the meal. Save the other half for later!

I hope this helps! Have fun and enjoy! :)
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to ask, at the restaurant, how they cook the choices you are considering. Wait staff are used to this by now, with all the food allergies / preferences / health concerns out there. I'd go with fresh fish,- but not if it's breaded. Rosemary chicken might be a good choice, but depends how they cook it.
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everybody for the help! I think I may get the fish depending on how it is cooked.