NaNoWriMo

Options

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I've never done this before, but i love reading and writing and figured why not? I used to write fanfiction (Xfiles and Buffy) but haven't done that in ages. I wrote some pretty long pieces back in the day... but I think the most was about 25,000 words for a single story. The likelihood of me completing this this year probably isn't that big, but I'll never know if I don't try. My username is the same on NaNoWriMo as it is here - accountant_boi

:drinker:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I think I might finally have a plot idea. Now I just have to treat it like my weight loss. I keep thinking bad things like "I don't feel passionate enough about this idea, so I probably won't follow through." I need to get that out of my head and replace it with at least "I will make an effort every day, and take it a day at a time."
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If only it didn't coinside with the essays due this month too! - have fun!!
  • lolasparkles
    Options
    I added you as a nano buddy. I signed up today. I did it the year before last and didn't win. This year I will.

ETA: Everyone feel free to add me as a buddy. Same name as here.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Hopefully you all got off to a flying start last night! I was up till 3a getting it done. Who else could use another couple hours sleep?
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    well...I guess I am behind the 8ball! I am just getting started now!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    You're not behind as long as you get your 2k a day ;)
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Anyone up for NaNoWriMo 2011??
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Anyone up for NaNoWriMo 2011??

I have 0 ideas and I'm still working on last year's NaNo.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! This'll be my third year doing Nano. I loves it. :D
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Heck yes! This'll be my third year doing Nano. I loves it. :D

Woohoo!!!

I just went on and fixed up my account and got in contact with my regional group. Super excited! Sunday is our first meetup!

I'm dirtybird on Nanowrimo.org
  • Kekibird
    Options

I have 0 ideas and I'm still working on last year's NaNo.

Me neither :(
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I've signed up for Nano, under the name Denver1013. My 1st year really doing it. I signed up last year but didn't even really attempt. I'm off work for the 1st week of Nano this year which will give me good running start (and no excuses!). :blushing:
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    oh i soooooo wish i could play!!! I have no time. im in my final year of uni and I'm planning a wedding and I work. urgh.

I have wanted to do this for 3 years now....

officially....NEXT YEAR I WILL DO IT. (its in capital letters because I raelly mean it!)
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Hey all - I've signed up for Nano, under the name Denver1013. My 1st year really doing it. I signed up last year but didn't even really attempt. I'm off work for the 1st week of Nano this year which will give me good running start (and no excuses!). :blushing:

I'll remember to add you once they bring back the buddies. Right now it's down to renovation.

I HAVE MY STORY IDEA!!! It came to me tonight after visiting with my regional group. I wrote some notes, cracked open Scrivener and made some note cards there. YAY!!
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! this =Amazing!!!!!!
  • krakensdaughter
    Options
    I'm definitely doing NaNo again this year. I've attempted it the last two years but got side tracked both times. I am determined this is going to be year! I am trying to add some of you as my writing buddies but the site is not letting me do it :( I will keep trying. My NaNo name is so_called_angel :) Feel free to add me there or here. This is my first year doing work, exercise, and writing so it'll be interesting to see how I can squeeze it all in. I know I will need some motivation and support on all fronts.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I am wondering how a part time worker, full time student(me) is going to accomplish this! I will dominant!
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I did NaNoWriMo a few years ago, successfully. I couldn't imagine doing it while trying to lose weight, though - every spare moment in November that year was spent sitting in front of a computer, so I got very little exercise!
  • Kekibird
    Options
    So may NaNo/workout plan is this.

Tuesday - Thursday are my classes and if I'm lucky I'll fit one in on Saturday or maybe borrow a sitter so I can jog.

But writing will happen at work, at lunch or after bedtime. I usually read then but I think I can spare some time to write if I've finished everything else.

So far I'm outlining what each chapter will entail (the main points) and then start working up some character descriptions.

And as long as I'm drinking my water and logging my food, I think I should be ok.