Early Morning/Late Night Tracking

Options
If you were to eat something at, for example, 3am but planned to go back to sleep afterwards, would you track that meal into the next day's breakfast or the previous day's dinner/snack?

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Depends on your macros rest timing :wink:
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Don't over stress it - just track it - i have a casein shake in the middle of the night but still track it on today's date.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    I count midnight to midnight, it's what works best with my schedule.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Pick a rule that you can stick to.
  • anne3091
    anne3091 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello!:happy:

Great question but i can say that it is your night meal because you need to eat in the morning again to feel energised the whole day
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter where you add it. It's the same either way. But if I was in that situation, I'd add it to the next day so that I will be more aware of it.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I log midnight to midnight so if I eat very late or very early I log it on whichever ay it actually is at the time I eat it.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    If, I was very hungry at 3am, I would evaluate my eating habits. Maybe, my body is trying to tell me to eat more, cut down on sugar, gluten, eat more protein, drink more water, drink less caffeine, take a vitamin supplement, or two, be more active, or get more sleep. Everybody, is different, and I hope you work it out. I can relate to PCO, as it made me severely anemic, 15 years ago.
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I count midnight to midnight, it's what works best with my schedule.

Agree
  • midwestspitfire
    midwestspitfire Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Depends on your schedule, I think. I usually don't go to sleep until ~5 am so my days start whenever I wake up and run until whenever I go to sleep. Like most things, what matters most is having a consistent system that works for you.
  • KatyAverill
    KatyAverill Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Depends on your macros rest timing :wink:

What is macro rest timing?

Thank you for all of the input everyone-I'm going to follow your advice and try midnight to midnight. I haven't been very consistent about my method for when to track things late/early so you're all probably right that it will make a difference to consistently track the same way. :smile:
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have my days go from the time I wake up till the time I go to sleep. It is easier to go to midnight to midnight for some people though. Especially considering mfp naturally transitions to the next day at midnight.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Depends, if I have calories leftover from the day before, I'll add it then. If I don't it has to go towards the next day's calories :)
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Midnight to midnight is what I'm going to start doing.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, it's about total and average calories for the whole week. Just do what works for you and stick to it.