1 month slimdown? lets motivate eachother!!!!

Options
aynecia
aynecia Posts: 11 Member
aynecia 

Joined Mar 2013

April 28, 2014 12:40 AM

Hello everyone! I need some friends to help me stay on track and reach my goal weight. 
Im going on vacation in a month(3rd of June) and want to get that bikini body. Although hard to achieve im hoping I can do it. Im not really overweight but wish my belly didnt have rolls when I sit down. And I really do want to wear a bikini for the first time in my life and feel confident about it! 
Im 5'0 and 22 years old. 

CW:120 
GW:100 

Im starting tomorrow with insanity in the mornings. And brazil butt lift at night. Im not gonna follow a diet really just be smart about what I eat and have smaller portions. I was thinking that halfway throughi would do the 5 bite diet that says you lose 15lbs in 10 days but youre basically starving yourself...idk what do you guys think?? What else can I do nutrition wise and excercise wise to tone my tummy and lift my behind so I can rock that bikini!! 

Pictures to come! 
Add and message!

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You're trying to lose 20lbs in 1 month... 0_0
  • aynecia
    aynecia Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know its crazy. Thats the goal but you know "shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" 20 is the goal but hopefully in a months time ill have lost atleast half of that!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    aynecia 

. Im not gonna follow a diet really just be smart about what I eat and have smaller portions. I was thinking that halfway throughi would do the 5 bite diet that says you lose 15lbs in 10 days but youre basically starving yourself...idk what do you guys think??

What do I think of a diet plan that promises 15lb loss in 10 days by basically starving yourself?

I think it is a very foolish plan with zero chance of long term success ( probably next to zero of even short term success)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Honestly, setting too lofty goals will end up going against you in terms of fitness. If you want to be fit and trim, vlcd and aggressive weight loss goals will not get you there because weight loss isn't what makes you look good in a bathing suit, fat loss is. When you suppress calories a lot, there are a few issues you will run into. First, as a person who is lean, a larger portion of your weight loss will be muscle. Muscle is the biggest proponent in being lean. So when you lose muscle, you aren't losing fat. That would lead to a skinnier version of your self. Next, when you suppress calories a lot, especially for longer periods of time, you will have metabolic adaptation; essential, your resting metabolic rate will slow down to compensate for the lack of calories, which makes it harder to lose. Due to a drop in RMR, it's going to drop your maintenance calories, which will make maintenance very difficult. Other issues with running vlcd is that people will tend to binge as people crave food.

The best approach is setting a moderate goal (1lb max per week) and start lifting some heavy weights, with moderate cardio. If you exercise, eat back some exercise calories. And don't shoot for a goal that is borderline under weight. Heck, there are situations where gaining weight will be much more beneficial. In fact, look at the below story.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/