How do I....

SarahxNicole
SarahxNicole Posts: 8 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Find out how many calories I should be eating? I put down 1200 but then Im reading about being too low...

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    When you filled in your goals, what did MFP recommend? Are you exercising? If so, are you eating the exercise calories??

Best of luck!
  • jrsmithne
    jrsmithne Posts: 124
    Go to “tools” tab and click on BMR to figure out your Basal Metabolic Rate. Then go to the “my home” tab, click on goals, go to change goals, select the custom, and click on continue. Enter in your Net Calories consumed from your BMR calculation. Then enter the percentages the you would like for carbs, protein, and fat. On the right, enter how many workouts per week and the number of minutes per workout. Then click on change goals at the bottom of the page.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    a 3500 calorie deficit per week = 1 pound of weight loss. If you have a calorie deficit of 1000 calories a day, you should lose 2 lbs of fat per week. Some consider this the maximum amount of weight you can lose in a week healthily.

Your 1200 goal is probably based on a 2200 calorie diet needed to maintain you current weight and lose 2 lbs a week.

Hope this helps!

Not 2 pounds of fat, just 2 pounds, some of it will be lean muscle, it is very difficult to lose weight and maintain all of the muscle, even body builders lose muscle when cutting for a competition.
This discussion has been closed.