Cycle commuters - what's your commute like?

Options
2»

Replies

• milla1985
    milla1985 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I cycle to work every day, every season, except for if I know that I am going out to something straight after work in the opposite direction. It isn't that far - about 6 miles in each direction - but I do sometimes extend the ride home to get a few more miles in the legs. My boyfriend and I try to get out for longer rides when we can (we did an awesome 70 miler on Good Friday!)

I live and work in London so there is a fair amount of stopping and starting which is frustrating. I do find that I have to have eyes in the back of my head when it comes to lorries and buses though!

I have got a Specialized Dolce Sport road bike and do, I admit, go for the full lycra look. It is just so comfortable!
  • gagnon9691
    gagnon9691 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My commute is about 8 miles each way. I don't go when it's raining or when it's cold. The first mile is on a busy road and then I get a nice easy few miles on a straight back road. Then I have to cross a busy road and go over a big bridge and through some road work and then it is there's two big up and down hills before going out on the main road for the last 1/2 mile.
    I do it as much as I can while working around my schedule and my kids schedules.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    the bike I ride

paratrooper.jpg

the best commuting bike i've ever had, strong enough to be a complete of roader (have taken it out lots over weekends) but also folds so i can get on trains.

worth every penny

That's cheating! It's electric :laugh: