5 lbs over the weekend...

Options
So I had a busy weekend evidently of eating and drinking and I'm up 5 lbs from Friday morning. I know part of it's water weight, but so discouraging! I have myself to blame, eating leftover Easter candy, having lots of drinks at a wedding, etc. But I just wanted to not start Monday with 196 on my scale.

Just had to vent :)

Replies

• pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Happens to all of us from time to time! Life happens. Just get back in the game and it will fall off again :smile:

Happy Monday!!
  • Damommachef
    Options
    It seems like those little weekend splurges come off pretty fast if you are diligent, avoid sugar, and drink lots of water. I hate that too.
  • lizpitts
    lizpitts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Intellectually I KNOW that body weight fluctuates - I just don't want to SEE it on the scale. Yesterday I was 45 calories under my goal and my weight is up 2.5 pounds today...LOL. Actually that is one of the reasons I weigh every day. If I only weighed once a week and it happened to be on a heavy day and the previous week was on a light day it would look like I'd gained weight when in actuality I'd lost. I've heard that women normally have more weight fluctuation then men - no idea why.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Accountability is your friend, log it - all of it - the good the bad and the ugly - then get over it and move on, you cannot change it so don't stress over it.

Some of it may be water weight, or due to different activity patterns and food.
    It doesn't really matter what it is - the fact is it IS and if you don't log it then you're not being accountable to yourself.

My promise to myself when I started tracking was to log everything accurately, that includes the wine, beer and whole lindt easter chocolate bunnies :)
    and the added weight.

assuming we're indending our journeys to be long term (rather than yo-yo) then we need to accept that it won't all be good, or in the direction we want, but we can always be honest with ourselved by tracking accurately

good luck
  • sdonovan96
    sdonovan96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My scale reads that I gained 4 lbs since yesterday morning. I'm not sure how accurate it is or if I'm just retaining water really bad. I slacked on my water intake over the weekend...I don't think I had any yesterday. So, don't get discouraged!
  • jimwon953
    jimwon953 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Weight doesn't care what day it is.
  • happyjack1976
    happyjack1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I try hard not to weigh myself on Monday morning for that very reason! I weigh on Thursday mornings usually and no more.

Heck, I'm even trying to not weigh myself every week. I hate having that looming over my head. I honestly need to lose about 20 more pounds (7 are gone so far) but my real aim is to feel and look better so the number is not the most important thing.

Jump back on the horse today, I know i have to as yesterday was awful for me.
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    I think we all have been there at one time or another... It definitely sucks, but the question that really matters is did you enjoy your weekend and was it worth it? Sometimes a good weekend is good for the mind and not the body... Drink lots of water and im sure you will see it was only but a couple of pounds and not the full 5... Good luck!!
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i lost 3 pounds on Saturday's weigh in and gained 2 on Sunday. I had ham but i know its probably water weight. Stay the course - it about what you do in the 80% of your time. Clean it up again and it will do away.
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Please don't get discouraged! It happens to the best of us! And it happens to me QUITE a bit! Hang in there! It'll go away just as fast as it came on! Trust me!
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    This is why I rarely use a scale. Weight numbers can be way too distracting. I go by how my clothes fit probably more than anything.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we weight about the same. I am with you. My grandma brought cupcakes to my house over the weekend and you don't sit with grandma and not eat a damn cupcake! But I had 5 over the weekend. :noway:
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've had many sad mondays due to weekends haha. but every day is a fresh new start, dont give up!
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago, I was up 7.5 on Monday am...Crushing...
    However, by Thursday I was back to where I was Friday.
    If anything, it sends me into a "refocus out of frustration" mode.
    I hate scales.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Yeah It kinda sucks. But take heart cos the opposite can happen too. I once lost 7lb over a weekend cos I did a few core workouts and didn't really want to eat much and happened not to take in much sodium. The expression when I got on my scale on monday can only be described as .. flabberghasted.