Starting 2 workouts a day with prayer

Options
Hi Pals, I've started today with 2 workouts a day. So far so good. I've also felt compelled to pray not just about my weight but also about other aspects of my life. God has always been a big part of my life. I know with hard work, dedication, and faith all things are possible. Just wondering if any other pals are using prayer to help them in their journey?

Replies

• marzajones
    marzajones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes I use prayer all the time. Food is such an issue for me I have had this problem since I was 18. It's always been a battle. God has enabled me to conquer many damaging areas in my life but food and being overweight is still an issue. However I do feel stronger than ever before. I have set a target to be at goal this December. Keep the faith, keep praying I believe one day our prayers will be answered. God bless you on your journey. Feel free to become a friend if you would like to. :smile:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    This thread is more appropriate for a private group, not in the main forums.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I don't pray but I do meditate after my morning workouts. I think the same kind of "mindfulness" or "thoughtfulness" that occur during both these activities are very beneficial to the mental part of being healthier.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hi Pals, I've started today with 2 workouts a day. So far so good. I've also felt compelled to pray not just about my weight but also about other aspects of my life. God has always been a big part of my life. I know with hard work, dedication, and faith all things are possible. Just wondering if any other pals are using prayer to help them in their journey?
    I'm making an assumption since you're referencing "God" and not "Allah" etc. that you are a Christian..if so, you may also want to look into several Christian themed groups on here.

I use the "Run for God" program at my church. It's a national program so there are chapters all over but it's similar to the "Couch to 5K" (C25K) program but with a Bible study/prayer component. Our church is hosting a 5K in an attempt to do outreach to non-Christians who happen to be runners at the end of May. The Website is www.runforgod.com if running appeals to you and you want to look for chapters of it in your area.
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Amen! Prayers all the way. I couldn't make it through a single second if I didn't have Jesus in my life. :smile:

So ... Let's keep praying! :flowerforyou:
  • bombshellcertification
    Options
    It is written: With God/Jesus we can run the race, he makes us strong in our weakness! All things are possible...Perfect love casts out all fear. Prayer works! Join the group "With a little help from Jesus" and Be blessed in all your efforts, we don't have to do it alone :)
  • mandos_13
    mandos_13 Posts: 21
    Options
    I concur that you may want to look into religious private groups on here for this type of support. These topics don't always go well in the main forums.

To answer your question: Not specifically. I am using meditation as a way to communicate with the gods/goddesses and achieve some stress release, though. I also have a ritual where I give a daily water libation to my ancestors and light a remembrance candle. This helps me come to terms with some of those deaths...particularly the recent death of my grandfather. I often light candles and incense to cleanse my space of negative energies as well.

My prayer or other religious acts aren't specifically aimed at my weight loss journey, but they help me handle stress and get a grip on my life, which in turn makes an easier road in terms of healthy diet and exercise and weight loss.
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i concur that this post can stay right here in the main forum. i mean, he is looking for Motivation and Support right?? (not really looking for an answer to this question) once again the Christians can be quiet and move to your private forums so not to offend anyone. everyone else be loud and proud. if you don't like the topic....move along please. otherwise be positive and supportive. I Love You Man!
    i pray and read scripture every morning and the one piece of support i can give is that if you are a daily prayerful person, pray with your spouse if you have one and are not already doing so. i have been doing so recently and it is really powerful how it has brought us together. so if you struggle with weight or something else have your spouse pray specifically for that. get other to do the same. be in relationship with others praying for and with you.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    As you can see on my profile, God is the reason I am here, and the reason that I have had any success at all on this journey. Without Him I will be right back where I started from, and worse.
  • laurahamm96
    laurahamm96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    During one of my spin classes last week the instructor had a two min song where we just rode and refocused ourselves. I found myself praying and asking god to help me defeat my fears and pain and to help me work my body in the way it needs to be worked. The 2nd half of the class went much smoother for me. I found it so calming.
  • dynellthomas12
    dynellthomas12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My faith is a huge part of my life so I find myself praying about everything, my workouts definitely being one of them. I pray for the strength (both mentally and physically) to stay the course, I pray for motivation because that's where it has to start and I also pray for patience. I'm a "right now" kind of person and I have a bad habit of quitting if I don't see results. I know that through faith ALL things are possible! Good luck and I'll make sure to keep you in prayer.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    i concur that this post can stay right here in the main forum. i mean, he is looking for Motivation and Support right?? (not really looking for an answer to this question) once again the Christians can be quiet and move to your private forums so not to offend anyone. everyone else be loud and proud. if you don't like the topic....move along please. otherwise be positive and supportive.

It is actually against community guidelines.

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    rbkzkk.jpg
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Hummm, I don't know why this never occured to me. I think I will try beginning my workouts with a prayer. I begin so many other things that way. Good Luck to you?
  • canoepug56
    canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So weight loss has nothing to do with science then ?
  • kgcart
    kgcart Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great response GS! While I'm a believer in God, I'm always open to others contributions as to what "floats their boat, religious beliefs" or simply meditating and lighting candles to remove negativity etc. Sad how many "wig out" when they hear the word God!
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of those who actually got what I was saying. No one is pushing religion here. As with all post if you dont like it then dont respond. Let those of us who do pray, meditate, or whatever keep strong in our fight...:smile:
  • kgcart
    Options
    Didn't read where somebody said science has "nothing to do with it?" As you know it's all mathematical! Burn more than you take in and the weight will drop! However, if somebody praises their God, Allah, Buddha or whatever spirit they choose and it motivates them, then there is nothing wrong with that is there?
  • kgcart
    Options
    Great post MZ! Keep it going!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I pray to Satan before every bike ride.