Bowflex Power Pro XTL - anybody have one?

Options
Our neighbor is moving and is selling his Bowflex Power Pro XTL. It's barely used and looks brand new. He purchased it about 10-12 years ago, so its an older model. It also has the leg attachment. He is asking $300, which we think it a little over-priced based on others for sale on Craigslist, but we can always make an offer.

Does anyone have any opinions on this particular model or Bowflex in general?

My workouts right now are mainly Jillian DVD's, free weights and running/walking on the treadmill or outside. Hubby uses free weights and is a runner.

Thanks for any advice you can give us!

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Personally it doesn't look like something I would use, if you are using free weights I would wait for a good deal on a squat rack and other equipment. If I bought this thing it would likely become a coat rack :indifferent:
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have the blaze and use it 3X a week --- it isn't free weights. I would certainly offer lower than that ... that model had a recall for safety issues

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2009/03/nautilus-makes-third-recall-of-the-bowflex-ultimate-2-home-gym/index.htm
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link on the recalls. Good to know!!

I think we will pass on our neighbors model and get something else.

I like the idea of a squat rack and bar w/ weights. Hubby would probably like that better too.

Thank you both for your responses!