Why do people gain weight on purpose?

Options
I'm not talking about people who are very thin and trying to get to a healthier weight. I'm talking about people who have the most perfect bodies and their goal is to get to 300, 400, 500 pounds. I mean, I know its a fetish.. But it's so unhealthy.. and I guess I can't judge because to each their own. But what the hell.........

I know a lot of you don't trust youtube links or any links on here.. so for the people who don't like links type in "Weight Gain Biggerthanzoe Getting Fatter".
She has a healthy, completely proportioned beautiful body and makes herself fat...

What's your opinions on that?

And heres the link for others https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98eA31XtsSs

Replies

• TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Because it will make them happy.
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    distorted relationship with food or body shape?

Or a complete maverick lol
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Just as you said, it's a fetish thing and sex sells. And pays. She will probably make some serious cash off of that.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    It was for a role.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    It takes all kinds....? I dunno.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    to each thier own. some people would rather be large and able to enjoy food to their fullest desire. or the whole fetish thing, which completely escapes me
  • usmcj80
    usmcj80 Posts: 58
    Options
    I was going to say I planned on putting on 10 lbs here soon but not going for fat at all.
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    1 Seek sympathy

2 to make themselves sick so they can qualify for disability

3 Mental/emotional disturbance is the real underlying problem
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm not talking about people who are very thin and trying to get to a healthier weight. I'm talking about people who have the most perfect bodies and their goal is to get to 300, 400, 500 pounds. I mean, I know its a fetish.. But it's so unhealthy.. and I guess I can't judge because to each their own. But what the hell.........

I know a lot of you don't trust youtube links or any links on here.. so for the people who don't like links type in "Weight Gain Biggerthanzoe Getting Fatter".
    She has a healthy, completely proportioned beautiful body and makes herself fat...

What's your opinions on that?

And heres the link for others https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98eA31XtsSs

In all honesty I think it's just another flavor of disordered eating.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that I just don't care what anyone else does with their own body.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just as you said, it's a fetish thing and sex sells. And pays. She will probably make some serious cash off of that.

Wait...what? I could be making "some serious cash" right now?

BRB gonna go have an "as is" sticker tattooed on my *kitten*.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that I just don't care what anyone else does with their own body.

I :heart: u.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I was going to say I planned on putting on 10 lbs here soon but not going for fat at all.

my thoughts on this.

speaking of size gains not in terms of bulking- but just "I want to be the biggest 600 lb woman ever" kind of thing.

I suspect there is a part of it where people are over weight- and have self esteem issues then realize they can get attention when they decide to swing the opposite way to I'm going to get XXX big. I hypothesize it makes them feel in control when they felt like they were not before.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

Wait...what? I could be making "some serious cash" right now?

BRB gonna go have an "as is" sticker tattooed on my *kitten*.
    Yes. Do it.
    fat.gif
  • budobo
    budobo Posts: 38
    Options
    Well, I mean, my boyfriend who is 6'4" weighs 220. If he decided he wanted to look like Captain America, he would need to put on at least 30 lbs of muscle, which is difficult to do when you already have a very high caloric need and need to cover all your nutrient needs. People who weigh a lot and lift have to plan every meal to ensure you're getting enough protein, vitamins, etc.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I don't think we are talking about putting on "muscle" and serious size for build.

The impression I got from the OP (I cannot watch the video at work) was putting on size just to be big- like HUGE- like morbidly obese huge.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I don't think we are talking about putting on "muscle" and serious size for build.

The impression I got from the OP (I cannot watch the video at work) was putting on size just to be big- like HUGE- like morbidly obese huge.

But reading is annoying!! I just wanna look at the title and shoot my mouth off!!

this part gave me a pretty good impression as to the weight gain- not being a bulking gain
    I'm talking about people who have the most perfect bodies and their goal is to get to 300, 400, 500 pounds

otherwise my response would be (to muscle building bulking/gains)
    you think I have a perfect body already- I clearly think I want something else within the range that a healthy drive will achieve.

You're goals and ideals are not my goals and ideals.

so perception.
  • NerdySamoan
    Options
    well for myself it has always been for sports. I was always the big kid in the team....ive played rugby, volleyball and basketball throughout my whole school life at the end of high school i was 95kg (209pounds) and only about 15%BF

As an adult ive played american football the last 10 years and i was probably at my leanest a few years back with 20% BF and 120kg (264pounds). However my coach told me i needed to put on weight if i wanted to play for the national team so now im at 133kg (293 pounds) and at 24% BF.

The problem i have now is at this weight and still pretty athletic my body is crumbling under the strain and in the last few years ive dislocated my left elbow, torn a tendon in my right elbow, torn a tendon in my foot and last month tore my miniscus, tore a patella fibre and told ive got arthiritis in both knees.

My goal is to get back down to 110kg (242pounds), however that would mean being around 12%BF which im unsure if i can do.

Other reasons why others want to get big......well alot of guys i train with are body builders or strongmen and its about being the biggest mofo around.
    Much like how females feel pressured by media to look at pictures of model type women, guys who grew up in the 80s and 90s saw movies full of hulking action stars and have an expectation to look like you can at least lift a car.
This discussion has been closed.