Ambivalent about muscle mass?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    This topic applies to men, too.

There is a point at which there clearly isn't enough muscle mass, and a point at which there is clearly too much, but everything between can lead to feelings of...ambivalence. :)

There's no such thing as too much muscle ;)

Yeah, if you're thinking it's possible you'll one day have "too much muscle" that just means your body dysmorphia hasn't set in yet. Once that kicks in, you'll be feeling small once again. :tongue:

Haha, exactly!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Appearance and aesthetics are subjective, health is not. By putting on some muscle you are considerably healthier than many of the twigs out there. Fact is its rare for a person to be 100% satisfied with the way they look, no matter how good you actually look there will always be something to nitpick. Health though can be quantified and I bet you are pretty healthy for your efforts so be proud.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster that said there are all kinds of beauty. I know gorgeous folks who look NOTHING alike of both sexes. Work on what you like not what's "popular".

I will never be cute, petite and super curvy. I will always be tall and lanky. It is what it is!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    all i know is cross fit girls are probably the most muscular girls i've ever seen, and they are definetly amongst the most attriactive i've seen.

the powerlifter type may or may not have more musle then the cross fit girl, but is less aesthetically pleasing to me, again i don't espect this to really matter to anyone lol

I'm a powerlifter. You really shouldn't generalize like that.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    ok
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I want to add that I am ok 97% of the time with my muscle mass, it is the other 3% that is messing with my head
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I love my muscle mass! It has taken hard work, dedication, and discipline to get to where I am at now, and I *still* feel like I have a long way to go. I look and feel better than I did when I was half my age. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: