I'm looking for an excercise routine for BEGINNERS ????

Options
2»

Replies

• jenniferyeatts
    jenniferyeatts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My #1 recommendation: Beachbody.com's Power 90 with Tony Horton. You will get in great shape in 90 days, lose weight, tone up, and have a new outlook on life! I started it in May, lost 25 pounds in my 90 days, and feel great. I had to modify to start, but I got much better quickly, saw great results, and look great. Now, I'm doing the Master's Series, then I'll be on to P90X and more!
  • Wwannabe
    Wwannabe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a gym, try a recumbent bicycle. I also have hip and back problems and 20 minutes on the elliptical made me pay in pain later. I've had no problems with pain doing 30 minutes on the bike, and my knees are fine too.

I also recommend Pilates, I do a simple abs routine and it's a help.

If you can find a Tai Chi class in your area, also highly recommended.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    "Born with bad knees" is what the doc told me. I've yet to have the knee replacements, but have had surgery. The phys. therapist put me on a bike. It helped tremendously with getting my range of motion back without my weight on my knees.
    When I started working out, it was the bike I started with and it's one that has the moving arms. I think recumbants are ok, but if you really want to get the heart rate going more, the arms help.
    Water exercises are the other thing I'd say try.

If your knees are as bad as mine, even walking after a few minutes starts to hurt. The bike is the only thing that hasn't caused my knees to flare up.

Good luck!! :)