Looking for other professional women on here!

Options
Eating right at work can be a huge pain. Especially when there seens to be a special lunch/breakfast every other day! Let's be friends?

Replies

• csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I always find myself going out for lunch instead of bringing it in! I really need to stop that. And yes -- the goodies people always bring to work are just too tempting! The weird thing is -- I hate making my own sandwiches and bringing them in for lunch but I find myself walking to Subway or Potbelly a lot! :indifferent:
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I am a Financial Advisor , I will add you
  • KatieAwesome627
    KatieAwesome627 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I understand that! It seems like every day someone is bringing in doughnuts, or pizza, or cake. And lets not forget all our co-workers who keep candy dishes on their desks. It's definitely a challenge.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Can a cop and a lawyer be friends?!? LOL, just kidding. I pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks every day. A lot of repetition, salads or leftovers.
  • tdubs413
    tdubs413 Posts: 13
    Options
    A cop and a lawyer can totally be friends! I'm in a field of work where I have zero involvement with law enforcement... which could be a good or bad thing!
  • Sweetchar417
    Sweetchar417 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I work in a clinic and drug reps are always bringing in lunches. I'm a sucker for free food.
  • alexandriamarino
    alexandriamarino Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in medicine and it seems like we have seminars with free food all the time. Also, TIME is such an issue for fitness and meal planning with a crazy work schedule. Glad to see some people here who totally get that, and would love to keep in touch.
  • MichiganJen
    MichiganJen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    HR here...and food is everywhere! Meeting bagels, productivity cook outs, monthly birthday recognition cakes, doughnuts just because. I have a group of lovely women in my plant that bring awesome home cooked Vietnamese food...in huge portions...on a regular basis...to my office! My kids know Miss Ena on sight - she makes the best egg rolls ever!!

So, yeah...I'm in for a support group!
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Accountant....in the basement with a cafeteria wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • tdubs413
    Options
    My office is adjancent to the break room/kitchen!!! Too easy to sneak all the leftover goodies that get left there.
  • tdubs413
    Options
    Free food is totally hard to say no to... and it never seems to be free HEALTHY food. I feel like I am surrounded by candy at all times!
  • abrockhausen
    abrockhausen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Someones always bringing in treats or suggesting a lunch out...sending a friend request your way.
  • Irishb118
    Irishb118 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really could use the support! I work in an office where most everyone gets lunch out. I TRY to bring in a salad or some type of veggie every day, but some days I just feel so lazy and think "I will order a salad out" and that turns into Mexican or something else unhealthy!
  • suryamurthy0576
    suryamurthy0576 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    In today's world especially in the corporate circles, people are very fitness conscious. If you opt out of indulgent breakfast or lunches for fitness reasons, people may not be offended. Of course, you then become the target of a few jokes.... but this is better than piling on the pounds.

I have learnt to say "No"
  • tdubs413
    Options
    Another temptation around this time everday... the dreaded vending machine! My healthy snacks never look as good as those Twix bars!
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Payroll manager here. I do my best to bring my own snacks and pack my lunch. I've been 95% successful. I also get up and walk the steps a lot. Thankfully my office knows I'll turn down what ever they offer, so I don't have to worry too much :)
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Training Director here and we are constantly around dounuts and fatty food choices. I just pack my breakfast and lunch and stick to it. We travel a great deal to and I just take what they serve and make it fit into my calories for the day. The exercise thing was tricky at first. I learned to call ahead and see if the hotels had gyms or if there was one nearby.

Huge adjustment for me and I just started in March. Feel free to add me! Happy losing everybody!
  • lkniebuehler
    Options
    Purchasing Agent - The lunches are what kills me. For years I have gone out to lunch with various suppliers and now find it refreshing to just schedule around my lunch instead of feeling guilty for going. And yes, candy dishes, free food.. lunch meetings. with pizza.... its difficult. Generally I just bring my own lunch.. and say things like... oh I forgot we had free lunch today. I will just eat my lunch.. and eventually, people stop noticing or caring so I don't field those types of questions too often anymore. I find that if I have my food with me at work ready to go, Im less likely to cave with all the sweet treats or free lunches.
  • dustynickell
    dustynickell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started a trend at work that seems to curb some of the donut woes....FRUITY FRIDAY! I bring in bananas, apples, oranges, pears, and grapefruit every Friday...I buy them from KwikStar so they are cheaper than a box of donuts and everyone seems to enjoy it. I find myself going back for seconds without the guilt.
  • Deb_622
    Deb_622 Posts: 694
    Options
    My biggest problem is the "store" at work...chips, candy, freshly baked (huge) cookies, popcorn, soda, coffee, ice cream...need I say more :-( I walk right by every day...multiple times...its SO hard not to go in and buy one of those really yummy cookies...

I also bring my lunch, but it definitely gets repetitive...