Breakfast smoothies. Any suggestions.

Options
briggitte59
briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
I feel its the easiest way to put a breakfast together. I'm open to any fruit or vegetables. But I'm trying to stay away from any milk, whole/skim. Any suggestions/ recipe is very much appreciate it !!

Replies

• sparklygrneyes
    Options
    Hi! I love smoothies, especially after my workout. I suggest a good protein smoothie to get you going in the am. I like VEGA protein powder. They have different flavors and I just mix them with fruit. My fav is the Tropical Tango one and I mix this with peaches, strawberries, and mango chunks. I add 1 scope of the powder, 3/4 cup ice, 1 cup fruit, and half cup almond milk. It's pretty yummy. There are so many ways you can make them, depending on your taste!

I made a smoothie everyday so you are welcome to be friends and my diary is open.
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Options
    I like peanut butter, bananas, frozen berries, ice, and almond milk.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie recipe (definitely has the best flavor of those I've tried).

I did change it up a bit: I only use 2 or 3 scoops whey protein powder, skip the zest from the orange, and use 1/8 tsp stevia.
    Green Smoothie – Orange Creamsicle

Author: Carrie Brown

Prep time: 5 mins

Total time: 5 mins

Serves: 1

Ingredients
    •½ cup / 4 fl oz. unsweetened thin coconut milk
    •¼ cup / 2 fl oz. non-fat Greek yogurt
    •6 oz / 170g fresh spinach
    •2 oranges, take zest from ½ an orange before peeling
    •1 cup / 3 oz. / 85g vanilla whey protein powder
    •½ tsp vanilla extract
    •Xylitol or equivalent sweetener to taste
    •½ tsp guar gum

Instructions
    1.Place ingredients in blender in order listed, including orange zest, except guar gum.
    2.Blend on high until completely smooth.
    3.Remove blender lid stopper and while blender is still running shake guar gum in.
    4.Blend for 10 seconds.
  • mestiza91
    mestiza91 Posts: 51
    Options
    i usually use milk, but you can use coconut milk or almond milk if u dont want to. also if u dont want that then go for water or coconut water.

i do

1 banana
    handful of kale
    handful of spinach
    1 apple
    2 or 3 strawberries
    1 kiwi
    few green or red grapes

:)