How long did it take to reach your goal?

Options
I am 5'2" and pre pregnancy I weighed 159. I had just lost like 40 lbs. AHHHH and I gave birth at 241. Current weight is 174 and I have a long way to go for a goal weight of 120. I am new to my fitness pal so please feel free to add me. I need all the motivation and advise I can get. I saw my Dad pass away a few years back and gained 80 pounds. I was always small through high school and was a cheerleader. now I run from people I went to school with and avoid crowded places. I want to be able to look in the mirror and recognize the reflection. I have not felt confident in myself in over 7 years. Please help! Realistically is this possible and how long will it take me?

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and pre pregnancy I weighed 159. I had just lost like 40 lbs. AHHHH and I gave birth at 241. Current weight is 174 and I have a long way to go for a goal weight of 120. I am new to my fitness pal so please feel free to add me. I need all the motivation and advise I can get. I saw my Dad pass away a few years back and gained 80 pounds. I was always small through high school and was a cheerleader. now I run from people I went to school with and avoid crowded places. I want to be able to look in the mirror and recognize the reflection. I have not felt confident in myself in over 7 years. Please help! Realistically is this possible and how long will it take me?

Yes it is possible.
    It is a life change, it took you years to put on that weight, and it will take more then a few days/weeks/months to get off!

Read this
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

And this
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

If you want more read these
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

Good luck on your journey!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to lose 50 pounds, I am your height.
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and started at 158.8 in Sept. GW is 120 also. Not there yet! …..8 months and counting….Good Luck!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I keep adjust my goals, so I haven't reached them yet. On the other hand, I'm quite happy where I am now compared to where I was. I am 1 lb from my original goal weight. It took me 16 months to get here. I am in no rush to get to my final goals, once I fully figure them out. Now, as long as I am improving as far as strength and appearance, no matter how slowly, everything is fine with me.

I expect the same will be true for you too. Set reasonable goals and a reasonable time to get there. Realize that this isn't a diet to a set point and then go back to what you were doing before. This is for life. So make it livable.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    375 -> 215 15 months
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP.....159 to 241?? I'm scared now, since started pregnancy at 158 and have already gained too much at 15 weeks. How much? I'm too embarrassed to say. I gained 60 with my first though and 50 with my second, and ended up 111 pounds above a healthy BMI at my highest non-pregnant weight. I had lost all but 9 pounds when I got pregnant with this one, and that loss took me over 6 years! I could have gone faster, but I wasn't 100% committed, obviously.

You can do it though, just don't let the big number discourage you. Take it one day at a time in moderation and you will get there.
  • tnp223
    tnp223 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was placed on bed rest at 6 months. I was a high risk pregnancy and developed toxemia around the seventh month. I gained like 7 pounds in 48 hours toward the end.
  • tnp223
    tnp223 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments. I do need to just take it slow and realize this is forever and make it to accommodate me. I will work on that,
  • Sarah_SweetPea
    Options
    I had a high pregnancy weight gain as well. With my first son, I went from 146 to 204. Then with my second son, I went from 186 to 254. I wish you the best.
  • bwats33
    bwats33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Still going, but I'll hit the 3 month mark in a couple days and have lost around 28 lbs so far. Only 7 to go!! (Assuming I don't drop my goal again when I hit that weight)