Help me to not over eat my dinner tonight!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You're starving because you've only had 511 calories today.

Is there a reason you're limiting yourself to 1200 calories a day? I know we all limit ourselves to lose weight, but I'm 5'5" eat 1900 and lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

+100

OP~read link!!!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I agree with putting the extras away. I have also found that making plates in the kitchen and not bringing the extras to the table helps also. I also agree loading up on the vegtables, and also drink a huge glass of water before hand. :) Good Luck!!:smile::smile:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You're starving because you've only had 511 calories today.

Is there a reason you're limiting yourself to 1200 calories a day? I know we all limit ourselves to lose weight, but I'm 5'5" eat 1900 and lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

I eat height ( 4'11.5" ) and age appropriate 1200 calories a day and have no problems feeling full. That might, or might not be true for the OP. and the fact that you eat 1900 calories at 5'5" might mean nothing.
    If the OP has only eaten 511 calories she still has 689 calories left which could be a snack ( to keep her from being hungry ) and dinner....or a big dinner. I accept that the choice is her's.
    While 1200 calories are not enough for the average person, there are also quite a few people under average, who actually do well with that amount.

And that is why I asked her why she had it set to 1200 calories.
    I realize there are some that # may work for, but not for the majority.
    Far too many people have their calorie goals on here set up wrong for their age/height/activity level/amount they have to lose. We all want to lose 2 lbs a week, but that is too aggressive for someone who doesn't have 75+ lbs too lose. OP could benefit from making sure she has everything set correctly.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Get off the couch, drive or walk to the store and buy a different dinner. We need a discussion about this?

LOLwut?

:huh:

I'm with Jof on this one...

Um, what?
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Tacos are my weakness too. I have a hard time controlling myself when I eat tacos or lasagna. I still allow myself to have them, but only once a month. If you do overeat, just remember that one day isn't going to ruin everything. Stressing about overeating is the worst thing you can do imo. It makes you want to give up.

Also remember that tacos have a lot of sodium. You WILL see a weight gain tomorrow...but it's just water. It's unlikely you're going to eat enough tacos to gain weight.
  • crissi725
    crissi725 Posts: 82
    Options
    Get off the couch, drive or walk to the store and buy a different dinner. We need a discussion about this?

You aren't being helpful by being condescending. Derision doesn't make people view the world as you do, honey. You could have given your suggestion without the "We need a discussion about this?" part. You were fine....and then you became disappointing as a community member.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

You aren't being helpful by being condescending. Derision doesn't make people view the world as you do, honey. You could have given your suggestion without the "We need a discussion about this?" part. You were fine....and then you became disappointing as a community member.

Not to mention, what's wrong with tacos?!?!?! NOTHING.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I think even if you strip away the derision, the message itself is completely bogus. What part of turkey tacos can't fit into a well-rounded diet? It's a solid source of protein (a macro that I personally believe OP needs more of than her diary does) with condiments that can be adjusted depending on other macro needs. It's damn near a "perfect" meal for hitting macro targets. (Personally, I'd rather the meat by a nicely seared and marinated skirt or flank steak, but hey, ground turkey isn't "bad".)

firestation12, what exactly would you have OP buy/eat instead???
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Next time, don't save up all your calories for dinner. Eat well throughout the day so that you are just mildly hungry at dinner time.

Also, don't go to the grocery store when you are starving.....but that's another post.
  • crissi725
    Options

Not to mention, what's wrong with tacos?!?!?! NOTHING.

lol, right?!? I don't trust people who don't eat tacos. The OP could also eat tacos the authentic way instead of the TexMex way, which is a tasty, heavenly, nightmare of sour cream, cheese, oily meat and guacamole and heavy tortillas. Nothing wrong with TexMex type tacos (I'm from Texas and I dream of them) but the authentic, Mexico City type tacos are actually much easier when you are watching macros or just calorie counting. Use a 6 inch white corn tortilla (big tortillas are a beautiful American thing), simple spiced, grilled lean meat of your choice, sauteed white onions or shallots and a SPRINKLE of cotija cheese. That's what a taco is like in the motherland. It's viewed as more of a on-the-go snack or mini-meal rather than a sit down, full meal. They can be fatty of course but for our purposes, the simplicity makes them easy to alter.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    This is my first day back on track. And now I am sitting here on my couch catching up on Mad Men, just watching the clock tick down to dinnertime. Problem number 1 is Im starving, and problem number 2 is Turkey Tacos are on the menu. Why the hell did I choose tacos as my first dinner back...Remember portion control...portion control...portion control! Yes, I can do this :)
    So instead of sitting on the couch, why not go for walk instead?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • crissi725
    Options

I think even if you strip away the derision, the message itself is completely bogus. What part of turkey tacos can't fit into a well-rounded diet? It's a solid source of protein (a macro that I personally believe OP needs more of than her diary does) with condiments that can be adjusted depending on other macro needs. It's damn near a "perfect" meal for hitting macro targets. (Personally, I'd rather the meat by a nicely seared and marinated skirt or flank steak, but hey, ground turkey isn't "bad".)

firestation12, what exactly would you have OP buy/eat instead???

Cookin' up my ground turkey for a quick taco now!! lol I got inspired.
  • cassie4animals
    cassie4animals Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is my first day back on track. And now I am sitting here on my couch catching up on Mad Men, just watching the clock tick down to dinnertime. Problem number 1 is Im starving, and problem number 2 is Turkey Tacos are on the menu. Why the hell did I choose tacos as my first dinner back...Remember portion control...portion control...portion control! Yes, I can do this :)

Personally, when I'm trying to cut down portion sizes at dinner time, I drink a glass or two of water while I'm eating. Makes me get fuller so much faster!

Agreed! The practice of taking a drink of water between each bite has helped me to slow down my eating and also helps me to feel full. Great tip!