Struggle Bus

Options
bc2ct
bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
Today I ate an entire pint of Phish Food and still ended up 850 calories under my goal. These are the struggles of an athlete. Tell me how you make up your calories on big burn days.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, beer, lots of avocados.....
  • bc2ct
    Options
    I'm with you on ice cream but I can't drink beer most days because I do first workout at 6am most mornings :*( Another of my favourites is pizza. Like... a whole pizza.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Mmm:). Pizza and beer. A nice combination. With advocado on top. I don't usually have the problem of needing to eat more though. Perhaps I should workout more.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    curious as to what you are doing to get these high burns and how you are measuring them..????
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good beers (e.g. IPAs, stouts, etc) and avocado. Together is also good.
  • bc2ct
    Options
    curious as to what you are doing to get these high burns and how you are measuring them..????

I am training at an elite level for an amateur (olympic) sport. 1.5 hours aerobic in the am, 1.5-2 hours aerobic in the pm, alternate core and lifting 30-45 mins every day. All measured with HR monitor & cross referenced with reports by my coach & nutritionist. BMR calculated every 3-5 months when I get a bod pod test done.
  • ndj1979
    Options

I am training at an elite level for an amateur (olympic) sport. 1.5 hours aerobic in the am, 1.5-2 hours aerobic in the pm, alternate core and lifting 30-45 mins every day. All measured with HR monitor & cross referenced with reports by my coach & nutritionist. BMR calculated every 3-5 months when I get a bod pod test done.

sounds intense…..
  • bc2ct
    Options
    Good beers (e.g. IPAs, stouts, etc) and avocado. Together is also good.

Love stouts on Saturdays (Sunday is usually a 1/2 day :D). Avocado is an awesome idea. I'm going to go buy some tomorrow.
  • bc2ct
    Options

sounds intense…..

You're not wrong. It would be less crazy if I wasn't also getting my PhD.
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I had a high burn workout today and I've decided I deserve a root beer float! :drinker:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I just ate a load of pancakes this morning. :drinker:
  • bc2ct
    Options
    I just ate a load of pancakes this morning. :drinker:

Mmm Trader Joes has a good pancake mix (for when I'm too damn lazy for mixing stuff together on my own)... makes super fluffy pancakes that are good with strawberry preserves or whatever.
  • ndj1979
    Options

sounds intense…..

You're not wrong. It would be less crazy if I wasn't also getting my PhD.

lol..I run my own small business.no way I could have that much time to work out…I am happy if I can get my hour and a half in six days a week …..
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Aerobic/weights, depends on my mood. I don't have set days for anything. I just do whatever strikes me in that moment and go hard unless I'm exhausted. :D